Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Eclipse competibility
Eclipse competibility [message #232490] Mon, 15 June 2009 14:23 Go to next message
Anna  is currently offline Anna Friend
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello!

How to make Eclipse web application competible with NetBeans and
WebSpheres IDEs?
Is there any type of conversion program?
I need to work for another department, and they don't use Eclipse IDE.
For me it's a crucial problem, because I use a screen reader, and Eclipse
is the only IDE that is fully accessible.

Thanks a lot for any type of help.

Anna
Re: Eclipse competibility [message #232499 is a reply to message #232490] Mon, 15 June 2009 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

You probably want to go the WAR route and import and export the WAR or
EAR files. More information here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.webtools/msg10 656.html

Dave

Anna wrote:
> Hello!
>
> How to make Eclipse web application competible with NetBeans and
> WebSpheres IDEs?
> Is there any type of conversion program?
> I need to work for another department, and they don't use Eclipse IDE.
> For me it's a crucial problem, because I use a screen reader, and
> Eclipse is the only IDE that is fully accessible.
>
> Thanks a lot for any type of help.
>
> Anna
>
>
>
Re: Eclipse competibility [message #232572 is a reply to message #232499] Tue, 16 June 2009 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anna  is currently offline Anna Friend
Messages: 24
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi David!

It's too good to be true.
Eclipse web project has its own file structure, and a specific deployment
descriptor.
Can I expect Netbeans having the same file structure and the same format
of deployment descriptor?
While WAR is on the server, it should be no problem.
But what if someone needs to do a maintenance on my web application, and
he is using Netbeans?

I really appreciate your help.

Anna
Re: Eclipse competibility [message #232587 is a reply to message #232572] Tue, 16 June 2009 09:09 Go to previous message
Philippe Marschall is currently offline Philippe MarschallFriend
Messages: 120
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Anna wrote:
> Hi David!
>
> It's too good to be true.
> Eclipse web project has its own file structure, and a specific
> deployment descriptor.

Why would Eclipse need a deployment descriptor?

> Can I expect Netbeans having the same file structure and the same format
> of deployment descriptor?
> While WAR is on the server, it should be no problem.
> But what if someone needs to do a maintenance on my web application, and
> he is using Netbeans?

Then use Maven, follow the Maven convention for project layout and use
it to generate the projects for each IDE or use direct Maven IDE support.

Cheers
Philippe
Previous Topic:Setting up JavaScript development environment
Next Topic:How to conrol the stages of the web service in the eclipse web service wizard?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 02:47:13 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03771 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software