Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5
Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232084] Wed, 03 June 2009 08:50 Go to next message
Angelo Fabio Mulone is currently offline Angelo Fabio Mulone
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
I use Eclipse 3.4.1 Ganymede and I have a problem in starting tomcat (also
I do not assign a project to tomcat 5.5 server).
The console log tells me this:

3-giu-2009 10.43.11 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in
production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WIND OWS;C:/Program
Files/Java/jre6/bin/client;C:/Program
Files/Java/jre6/bin;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin;C: \WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cyg win\bin;C:\axis2-1.4.1\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin;C:\gwt-wi ndows-1.5.3\gwt-windows-1.5.3;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19\bin;C:\Progra m
Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files\cvsnt;
3-giu-2009 10.43.11 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
3-giu-2009 10.43.11 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 797 ms
3-giu-2009 10.43.11 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
3-giu-2009 10.43.11 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
3-giu-2009 10.43.11 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
3-giu-2009 10.43.13 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Error listenerStart
3-giu-2009 10.43.13 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Context [/TPS_WEB_USER] startup failed due to previous errors
3-giu-2009 10.43.14 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
3-giu-2009 10.43.14 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
3-giu-2009 10.43.14 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31 config=null
3-giu-2009 10.43.14 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
3-giu-2009 10.43.14 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 3312 ms

When I try to open http://localhost:8090/TPS_WEB_USER/ I receive this
error:
HTTP Status 404 -

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.


------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.5.27

TPS_WEB_USER is the project I try to run.

How can I solve?
In the console I do not see any errors, why?
Thanks, bye bye.
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232093 is a reply to message #232084] Wed, 03 June 2009 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo Fabio Mulone is currently offline Angelo Fabio Mulone
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
I changed the jdk (now it is 1.5.0_16) And I see this error, when I try to
start web application from eclipse:

3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in
production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WIND OWS;C:/Program
Files/Java/jre6/bin/client;C:/Program
Files/Java/jre6/bin;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin;C: \WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cyg win\bin;C:\axis2-1.4.1\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin;C:\gwt-wi ndows-1.5.3\gwt-windows-1.5.3;C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files\cvsnt;
3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 718 ms
3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Error listenerStart
3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Context [/TPS_WEB_USER] startup failed due to previous errors
3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31 config=null
3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 2625 ms
3-giu-2009 14.38.30 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext stop
INFO: Container
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost ].[/TPS_WEB_USER]
has not been started
3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime

why? How can I solve?

Thanks, bye bye.
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232101 is a reply to message #232093] Wed, 03 June 2009 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry Isaacs
Messages: 1305
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Angelo Fabio Mulone wrote:
> Hi,
> I changed the jdk (now it is 1.5.0_16) And I see this error, when I try
> to start web application from eclipse:
>
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> lifecycleEvent
> INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance
> in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
> C:\Program
> Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WIND OWS;C:/Program
> Files/Java/jre6/bin/client;C:/Program
> Files/Java/jre6/bin;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin;C: \WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cyg win\bin;C:\axis2-1.4.1\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin;C:\gwt-wi ndows-1.5.3\gwt-windows-1.5.3;C:\Program
> Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files\cvsnt;
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> INFO: Initialization processed in 718 ms
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
> INFO: Starting service Catalina
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
> INFO: XML validation disabled
> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
> (org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig).
> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> GRAVE: Error listenerStart
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> GRAVE: Context [/TPS_WEB_USER] startup failed due to previous errors
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
> INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31 config=null
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
> INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
> 3-giu-2009 14.37.35 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 2625 ms
> 3-giu-2009 14.38.30 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
> INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> 3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
> INFO: Stopping service Catalina
> 3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext stop
> INFO: Container
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost ].[/TPS_WEB_USER]
> has not been started
> 3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol destroy
> INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> 3-giu-2009 14.38.31 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> lifecycleEvent
> INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime
>
> why? How can I solve?
>
> Thanks, bye bye.
>

Both of your startup logs included:

GRAVE: Error listenerStart
GRAVE: Context [/TPS_WEB_USER] startup failed due to previous errors

This typically indicates that a listener configured in the web.xml of
your webapp threw an uncaught exception during startup. In this case, I
believe Tomcat leaves the failed webapp off-line, which is why you get
the 404 error. If you have source for the listener, you can run in
debug mode and step through the listener to see where and what exception
is being thrown.

Cheers,
Larry
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232595 is a reply to message #232101] Tue, 16 June 2009 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo Fabio Mulone is currently offline Angelo Fabio Mulone
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
I have not the source.
My web.xml configuration file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app version="2.4"
         xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee 
         http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd" >
    <description>
      Transparent Portfolio System.
    </description>
    <display-name>Transparent Portfolio System</display-name>
    
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>120</session-timeout>
    </session-config>
    
    
    <security-constraint>
	   <web-resource-collection>
	      <web-resource-name>TPS_WEB</web-resource-name>
	      <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
		  <url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
		  <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
	   </web-resource-collection>
	    <auth-constraint>
	      <role-name>user</role-name>
	      <role-name>simulator</role-name>
	      <role-name>configurator</role-name>
	      <role-name>validator</role-name>
	   </auth-constraint>
	</security-constraint>
		<login-config>
		   <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
		   <realm-name>TPS_WEB</realm-name>
		   <form-login-config>
		      <form-login-page>/WEB-INF/jsp/login.jsp</form-login-page>
		      
<form-error-page>/WEB-INF/jsp/commons/loginError.jsp</form-error-page>
		   </form-login-config>
		</login-config>
		
	<security-role>
   		 <role-name>user</role-name>
	</security-role>
	<security-role>
   		 <role-name>simulator</role-name>
	</security-role>	
     <security-role>
        <role-name>configurator</role-name>
	</security-role>
	<security-role>
        <role-name>validator</role-name>
	</security-role>      
         
  	<listener>
   		 
<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
  	</listener>
         
	<filter>
		<filter-name>hibernate</filter-name>
		<filter-class>
			org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter
		</filter-class>
	</filter>

	<filter-mapping>
		<filter-name>hibernate</filter-name>
		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
	</filter-mapping>

	  <servlet>
   		<servlet-name>tps</servlet-name>  
   
		<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
   		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
   	 </servlet>

	 <servlet-mapping>
	 	<servlet-name>tps</servlet-name>
	 	<url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
	 </servlet-mapping>
	
	 <servlet>
    		<servlet-name>report</servlet-name>
    
		<servlet-class>com.intesasanpaolo.tps.form.common.ReportDownloadController</servlet-class>
  	</servlet>

 	 <servlet-mapping>
    	<servlet-name>report</servlet-name>
   		<url-pattern>/report.html</url-pattern>
  	</servlet-mapping>
	
	
	
	<context-param>
	 	<param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
		 <param-value>/WEB-INF/tps-services.xml</param-value>
	 </context-param>

	 <jsp-config>
	    <taglib>
	      <taglib-uri>/spring</taglib-uri>
	      <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/spring-form.tld</taglib-location>
	    </taglib>
	 </jsp-config>

	  <welcome-file-list>
	    <welcome-file>
	      index.jsp
	    </welcome-file>
	  </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>


What can I do?
Thanks, bye bye.
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232599 is a reply to message #232595] Tue, 16 June 2009 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry Isaacs
Messages: 1305
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Angelo Fabio Mulone wrote:
> Hi,
> I have not the source.
> My web.xml configuration file is:
>
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> 
> <web-app version="2.4"
>         xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>         xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee         
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd" >
>    <description>
>      Transparent Portfolio System.
>    </description>
>    <display-name>Transparent Portfolio System</display-name>
>       <session-config>
>        <session-timeout>120</session-timeout>
>    </session-config>
>          <security-constraint>
>        <web-resource-collection>
>           <web-resource-name>TPS_WEB</web-resource-name>
>           <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
>           <url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
>           <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
>        </web-resource-collection>
>         <auth-constraint>
>           <role-name>user</role-name>
>           <role-name>simulator</role-name>
>           <role-name>configurator</role-name>
>           <role-name>validator</role-name>
>        </auth-constraint>
>     </security-constraint>
>         <login-config>
>            <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
>            <realm-name>TPS_WEB</realm-name>
>            <form-login-config>
>               <form-login-page>/WEB-INF/jsp/login.jsp</form-login-page>
>               
> <form-error-page>/WEB-INF/jsp/commons/loginError.jsp</form-error-page>
>            </form-login-config>
>         </login-config>
>        
>     <security-role>
>            <role-name>user</role-name>
>     </security-role>
>     <security-role>
>            <role-name>simulator</role-name>
>     </security-role>   
>     <security-role>
>        <role-name>configurator</role-name>
>     </security-role>
>     <security-role>
>        <role-name>validator</role-name>
>     </security-role>                   <listener>
>            
> <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class> 
> 
>      </listener>
>             <filter>
>         <filter-name>hibernate</filter-name>
>         <filter-class>
>             
> org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter
>         </filter-class>
>     </filter>
> 
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>hibernate</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>
> 
>       <servlet>
>           <servlet-name>tps</servlet-name>            
> <servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class> 
> 
>           <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>        </servlet>
> 
>      <servlet-mapping>
>          <servlet-name>tps</servlet-name>
>          <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
>      </servlet-mapping>
>     
>      <servlet>
>            <servlet-name>report</servlet-name>
>            
> <servlet-class>com.intesasanpaolo.tps.form.common.ReportDownloadController</servlet-class> 
> 
>      </servlet>
> 
>      <servlet-mapping>
>        <servlet-name>report</servlet-name>
>           <url-pattern>/report.html</url-pattern>
>      </servlet-mapping>
>     
>     
>     
>     <context-param>
>          <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
>          <param-value>/WEB-INF/tps-services.xml</param-value>
>      </context-param>
> 
>      <jsp-config>
>         <taglib>
>           <taglib-uri>/spring</taglib-uri>
>           <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/spring-form.tld</taglib-location>
>         </taglib>
>      </jsp-config>
> 
>       <welcome-file-list>
>         <welcome-file>
>           index.jsp
>         </welcome-file>
>       </welcome-file-list>
> </web-app>
> 

>
> What can I do?
> Thanks, bye bye.
>

The only listener in the web.xml is
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener. This suggests
that you have something wrong in your spring configuration.

Cheers,
Larry
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232614 is a reply to message #232599] Wed, 17 June 2009 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo Fabio Mulone is currently offline Angelo Fabio Mulone
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I asked on spring forum but there everebody tell me that this is not a
spring error...
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232619 is a reply to message #232614] Wed, 17 June 2009 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angelo Fabio Mulone is currently offline Angelo Fabio Mulone
Messages: 6
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Another information.
If I click on "Switch location" on the server properties and the I try to
run the server I receive this other message:

17-giu-2009 9.43.58 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener 
lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in 
production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program 
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:/Program 
Files/Java/jre6/bin/client;C:/Program 
Files/Java/jre6/bin;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\axis2-1.4.1\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin;C:\gwt-windows-1.5.3\gwt-windows-1.5.3;C:\Program 
Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files\cvsnt;
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 735 ms
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext resourcesStart
GRAVE: Error starting static Resources
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base 
C:\wrokspace2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\TPS_WEB_USER 
does not exist or is not a readable directory
	at 
org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java:141)
	at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardContext.java:3855)
	at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4024)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
	at 
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at 
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at 
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Error in resourceStart()
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Error getConfigured
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Context [/TPS_WEB_USER] startup failed due to previous errors
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext stop
INFO: Container 
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/TPS_WEB_USER] 
has not been started
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31  config=null
17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
17-giu-2009 9.44.00 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1109 ms


What does it mean?
Thanks, bye bye.
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232627 is a reply to message #232614] Wed, 17 June 2009 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry Isaacs
Messages: 1305
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Angelo Fabio Mulone wrote:
> I asked on spring forum but there everebody tell me that this is not a
> spring error...
>

If the webapp is failing to start because a listener appears to be
throwing an exception, and there is only one listener present which is
for performing a Spring configuration, I would assume the issue is
related to Spring. Since the Spring forum does not seem likely to
provide much help, I would recommend digging for clues yourself.

The best way is to get source for the version of Spring you are using
and run the server in debug mode to debug what happening in
ContextLoaderListener. However, the log entries:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

suggest that log4j is being used but not initialized. As a quick
alternative to debugging, you could add a log4j.properties file (I'm
assuming one isn't already present) with the following contents to see
if the extra logging provides any helpful clues:

log4j.rootLogger=WARN, console
log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console.layout.ConversionPattern=%r [%t] %p %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.springframework.web.context=DEBUG

Place the log4j.properties file in the root Java source folder for the
Dynamic Web Project (typically the "src" folder). It will get published
to the WEB-INF/classes folder of the webapp where it needs to be.

Cheers,
Larry
Re: Error in launching application on Tomcat 5.5 [message #232635 is a reply to message #232619] Wed, 17 June 2009 14:32 Go to previous message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry Isaacs
Messages: 1305
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Angelo Fabio Mulone wrote:
> Another information.
> If I click on "Switch location" on the server properties and the I try
> to run the server I receive this other message:
>
>
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.58 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener 
> lifecycleEvent
> INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance 
> in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: 
> C:\Program 
> Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\jre\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:/Program 
> Files/Java/jre6/bin/client;C:/Program 
> Files/Java/jre6/bin;C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\axis2-1.4.1\bin;C:\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin;C:\gwt-windows-1.5.3\gwt-windows-1.5.3;C:\Program 
> Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
> Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
> Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
> Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL 
> Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
> Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files\cvsnt;
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> INFO: Initialization processed in 735 ms
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
> INFO: Starting service Catalina
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
> INFO: XML validation disabled
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext resourcesStart
> GRAVE: Error starting static Resources
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base 
> C:\wrokspace2\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\TPS_WEB_USER 
> does not exist or is not a readable directory
>     at 
> org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java:141) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardContext.java:3855) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4024)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
>     at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
> 
>     at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
> 
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> GRAVE: Error in resourceStart()
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> GRAVE: Error getConfigured
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> GRAVE: Context [/TPS_WEB_USER] startup failed due to previous errors
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext stop
> INFO: Container 
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/TPS_WEB_USER] 
> has not been started
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
> INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31  config=null
> 17-giu-2009 9.43.59 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
> INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
> 17-giu-2009 9.44.00 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 1109 ms
> 

>
> What does it mean?
> Thanks, bye bye.
>

This Switch Location operation moves the XML that defines the server
between its normal location in
"<workspace_root>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/servers.xml "
(not related to Tomcat server.xml) to a file found in the Servers
project in your workspace. Once upon a time long ago, there was a use
case for manually modifying this XML. I'm not aware of any reason to
use this operation today.

There does appear to be a bug in that following the switch, publishing
fails to publish any modules. To correct the behavior, restart Eclipse
or remove all the modules from the server, publish the server, an add
the modules back.

Note that this issue is unrelated to your earlier problem and I would
recommend executing Switch Location again to move the XML back to its
normal location.

Cheers,
Larry
Previous Topic:How to conrol the stages of the web service in the eclipse web service wizard?
Next Topic:Can't get WSDL editor in 3.5RC3?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Sep 20 18:10:29 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09912 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software