Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions
emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions [message #22603] Thu, 10 May 2007 04:10 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: asma.charfi.com

hi

I want to follow the article dealing with "implementing Model Integrity in
EMF with MDT OCL
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-EMF -Codegen-with-OCL/index.html

In this article,the author said that we can use EMF build (milestone M4 of
version 2.3 or later), and MDT OCL component (milestone M5 of version 1.1 or
later)
I used these version in my Eclipse 3.2.2 but the example did not work (I did
not respect the constraints and the model is validated normally)
so I installed Eclipse 3.3 and this time the exemple works correctly (I
recive an error message when I violate one constraints)
the problem that I want to work with Eclipse 3.2.2.
can I find precise version of EMF and OCL working with my Eclipse
R-3.2.2-200702121330

Thanks a lot for your help

asma
Re: emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions [message #22646 is a reply to message #22603] Wed, 09 May 2007 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------080805090707020201070502
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Asma,

Use the latest maintenance versions of EMF and OCL, i.e., EMF 2.2.2 or
later and OCL 1.0.2 or later:
< http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200702131851&project=emf#R200702131851>


http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200702131851&project=emf#R200702131851
< http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200611161546&project=ocl#R200611161546>
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200611161546&project=ocl#R200611161546
< http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200611161546&project=ocl#R200611161546>


charfi asma wrote:
> hi
>
> I want to follow the article dealing with "implementing Model Integrity in
> EMF with MDT OCL
> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-EMF -Codegen-with-OCL/index.html
>
> In this article,the author said that we can use EMF build (milestone M4 of
> version 2.3 or later), and MDT OCL component (milestone M5 of version 1.1 or
> later)
> I used these version in my Eclipse 3.2.2 but the example did not work (I did
> not respect the constraints and the model is validated normally)
> so I installed Eclipse 3.3 and this time the exemple works correctly (I
> recive an error message when I violate one constraints)
> the problem that I want to work with Eclipse 3.2.2.
> can I find precise version of EMF and OCL working with my Eclipse
> R-3.2.2-200702121330
>
> Thanks a lot for your help
>
> asma
>
>
>


--------------080805090707020201070502
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
Asma,<br>
<br>
Use the latest maintenance versions of EMF and OCL, i.e., EMF 2.2.2 or
later and OCL 1.0.2 or later:<a
href=" http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=1& ;amp;hlbuild=R200702131851&amp;project=emf#R200702131851"><br >
</a>
<blockquote><a
href=" http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;amp;hlbuild=R200611161546&amp;project=ocl#R200611161546"> http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=1& ;amp;hlbuild=R200702131851&amp;project=emf#R200702131851</a ><br>
<a
href=" http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;amp;hlbuild=R200611161546&amp;project=ocl#R200611161546"> http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;amp;hlbuild=R200611161546&amp;project=ocl#R200611161546</a ><br>
</blockquote>
<br>
charfi asma wrote:
<blockquote cite="midf1t6jp$4l6$1@build.eclipse.org" type="cite">
<pre wrap="">hi

I want to follow the article dealing with "implementing Model Integrity in
EMF with MDT OCL
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href=" http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-EMF -Codegen-with-OCL/index.html"> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-EMF -Codegen-with-OCL/index.html</a>

In this article,the author said that we can use EMF build (milestone M4 of
version 2.3 or later), and MDT OCL component (milestone M5 of version 1.1 or
later)
I used these version in my Eclipse 3.2.2 but the example did not work (I did
not respect the constraints and the model is validated normally)
so I installed Eclipse 3.3 and this time the exemple works correctly (I
recive an error message when I violate one constraints)
the problem that I want to work with Eclipse 3.2.2.
can I find precise version of EMF and OCL working with my Eclipse
R-3.2.2-200702121330

Thanks a lot for your help

asma


</pre>
</blockquote>
<br>
</body>
</html>

--------------080805090707020201070502--
Re: emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions [message #22688 is a reply to message #22646] Thu, 10 May 2007 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: asma.charfi.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C79298.15464700
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

thank you for your help Ed,

I installed EMF 2.2.2 et OCL 1.0.2 and I followed the example but
when I generate all (from the employee.genmodel) JETEmitter was not =
generated in /org.eclipse.ocl.examples.codegen/templates (although I =
create a folder templates and activate dynamic templates)
and when I run the application I did not find Employee model in =
"Exemple EMF Model Creation wizard" =20

P S : when i installed ocl 1.0.2 it appers in my manage configuration =
with this name "EMFT OCL SDK 1.0......",
so what's the differences beteween EMF with OCL MDT and EMFT OCL SDK?
I know that I ask many questions, but I have to inderstand how does the =
constraints' validation works

thank you again

"Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com> a =E9crit dans le message de news: =
f1t7v9$c94$1@build.eclipse.org...
Asma,

Use the latest maintenance versions of EMF and OCL, i.e., EMF 2.2.2 or =
later and OCL 1.0.2 or later:

=
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=3D1&a mp;hlbuild=3DR200=
702131851&project=3Demf#R200702131851
=
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=3D1&a mp;hlbuild=3DR200=
611161546&project=3Docl#R200611161546


charfi asma wrote:=20
hi

I want to follow the article dealing with "implementing Model Integrity =
in=20
EMF with MDT OCL
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=3DArticle-E MF-Codegen-wi=
th-OCL/index.html

In this article,the author said that we can use EMF build (milestone M4 =
of=20
version 2.3 or later), and MDT OCL component (milestone M5 of version =
1.1 or=20
later)
I used these version in my Eclipse 3.2.2 but the example did not work (I =
did=20
not respect the constraints and the model is validated normally)
so I installed Eclipse 3.3 and this time the exemple works correctly (I=20
recive an error message when I violate one constraints)
the problem that I want to work with Eclipse 3.2.2.
can I find precise version of EMF and OCL working with my Eclipse=20
R-3.2.2-200702121330

Thanks a lot for your help

asma=20


=20

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C79298.15464700
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16414" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you for your help =
Ed,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I installed EMF 2.2.2 et OCL 1.0.2 and =
I followed=20
the example but</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>when I generate all (from the =
employee.genmodel)=20
JETEmitter&nbsp;was not generated in =
/org.eclipse.ocl.examples.codegen/templates=20
(although I create a folder templates and activate dynamic=20
templates)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and when I run the application I did =
not find=20
Employee model in&nbsp;&nbsp;"Exemple&nbsp;EMF Model Creation wizard"=20
&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>P S : when i installed ocl 1.0.2 it =
appers in my=20
manage configuration with this name "EMFT OCL SDK =
1.0......",</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>so what's the differences beteween EMF =
with=20
OCL&nbsp; MDT and EMFT OCL SDK?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I know that I ask many questions, but I =
have to=20
inderstand how does the constraints' validation works</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you again</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Ed Merks" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:merks@ca.ibm.com">merks@ca.ibm.com</A>&gt;=20
a =E9crit dans le message de news: <A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:f1t7v9$c94$1@build.eclipse.org">f1t7v9$c94$1@build.eclipse=
..org</A>...</DIV>Asma,<BR><BR>Use=20
the latest maintenance versions of EMF and OCL, i.e., EMF 2.2.2 or =
later and=20
OCL 1.0.2 or later:<A=20
=
href=3D" http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=3D1&a mp;amp;hl=
build=3DR200702131851&amp;project=3Demf#R200702131851"><BR ></A>
<BLOCKQUOTE><A=20
=
href=3D" http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=3D1&a mp;amp;hl=
build=3DR200611161546&amp;project=3Docl#R200611161546">http://www.eclipse=
..org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=3D1&amp;hlbuild=3D R200702131851&amp;=
project=3Demf#R200702131851</A><BR><A=20
=
href=3D" http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=3D1&a mp;amp;hl=
build=3DR200611161546&amp;project=3Docl#R200611161546">http://www.eclipse=
..org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=3D1&amp;hlbuild=3D R200611161546&amp;=
project=3Docl#R200611161546</A><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>charfi=20
asma wrote:=20
<BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmidf1t6jp$4l6$1@build.eclipse.org =
type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">hi

I want to follow the article dealing with "implementing Model Integrity =
in=20
EMF with MDT OCL
<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D" http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=3DArticle-E MF-Co=
degen-with-OCL/index.html">http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?fi=
le=3DArticle-EMF-Codegen-with-OCL/index.html</A>

In this article,the author said that we can use EMF build (milestone M4 =
of=20
version 2.3 or later), and MDT OCL component (milestone M5 of version =
1.1 or=20
later)
I used these version in my Eclipse 3.2.2 but the example did not work (I =
did=20
not respect the constraints and the model is validated normally)
so I installed Eclipse 3.3 and this time the exemple works correctly (I=20
recive an error message when I violate one constraints)
the problem that I want to work with Eclipse 3.2.2.
can I find precise version of EMF and OCL working with my Eclipse=20
R-3.2.2-200702121330

Thanks a lot for your help

asma=20


</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C79298.15464700--
Re: emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions [message #22732 is a reply to message #22688] Wed, 09 May 2007 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020804020807070301070107
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Asma,

It seems to me that Christian made some changes to update the examples
to work with EMF 2.3. So I'll have to rely on him to help answer this
question.


charfi asma wrote:
> thank you for your help Ed,
>
> I installed EMF 2.2.2 et OCL 1.0.2 and I followed the example but
> when I generate all (from the employee.genmodel) JETEmitter was not
> generated in /org.eclipse.ocl.examples.codegen/templates (although I
> create a folder templates and activate dynamic templates)
> and when I run the application I did not find Employee model
> in "Exemple EMF Model Creation wizard"
>
> P S : when i installed ocl 1.0.2 it appers in my manage configuration
> with this name "EMFT OCL SDK 1.0......",
> so what's the differences beteween EMF with OCL MDT and EMFT OCL SDK?
> I know that I ask many questions, but I have to inderstand how does
> the constraints' validation works
>
> thank you again
>
>
> "Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com <mailto:merks@ca.ibm.com>> a
Re: emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions [message #22820 is a reply to message #22732] Thu, 10 May 2007 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cdamus.ca.ibm.com

Hi, Asma,

The OCL 1.1 release has many significant changes over 1.0, including the
user of EMF's support for modeling generics. You won't be able to use the
example in the article with the 1.0.x release of OCL.

The same ideas will work with OCL 1.0, just the code and templates will look
different. So, if you use the article as a guide, you should be able to
make it work. It'll just be more work than copy-and-paste.

Alternatively, you could update to Eclipse 3.3, EMF 2.3, and OCL 1.1 to take
advantage of numerous new features and other improvements in both of these
APIs. :-)

Cheers,

Christian


Ed Merks wrote:

> Asma,
>
> It seems to me that Christian made some changes to update the examples
> to work with EMF 2.3. So I'll have to rely on him to help answer this
> question.
>
>
> charfi asma wrote:
>> thank you for your help Ed,
>>
>> I installed EMF 2.2.2 et OCL 1.0.2 and I followed the example but
>> when I generate all (from the employee.genmodel) JETEmitter was not
>> generated in /org.eclipse.ocl.examples.codegen/templates (although I
>> create a folder templates and activate dynamic templates)
>> and when I run the application I did not find Employee model
>> in "Exemple EMF Model Creation wizard"
>>
>> P S : when i installed ocl 1.0.2 it appers in my manage configuration
>> with this name "EMFT OCL SDK 1.0......",
>> so what's the differences beteween EMF with OCL MDT and EMFT OCL SDK?
>> I know that I ask many questions, but I have to inderstand how does
>> the constraints' validation works
>>
>> thank you again
>>
>>
>> "Ed Merks" <merks@ca.ibm.com <mailto:merks@ca.ibm.com>> a écrit
>> dans le message de news: f1t7v9$c94$1@build.eclipse..org
>> <mailto:f1t7v9$c94$1@build.eclipse.org>...
>> Asma,
>>
>> Use the latest maintenance versions of EMF and OCL, i.e., EMF
>> 2.2.2 or later and OCL 1.0.2 or later:
>>
< http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200702131851&project=emf#R200702131851>
>>
>>
>>
http://www.eclipse..org/modeling/emf/downloads/?showAll=1&am p;hlbuild=R200702131851&project=emf#R200702131851
>>
< http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200611161546&project=ocl#R200611161546>
>>
http://www.eclipse..org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1&am p;hlbuild=R200611161546&project=ocl#R200611161546
>>
< http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?showAll=1& ;hlbuild=R200611161546&project=ocl#R200611161546>
>>
>>
>> charfi asma wrote:
>>> hi
>>>
>>> I want to follow the article dealing with "implementing Model
>>> Integrity in EMF with MDT OCL
>>>
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-EMF -Codegen-with-OCL/index.html
>>>
>>> In this article,the author said that we can use EMF build
>>> (milestone M4 of version 2.3 or later), and MDT OCL component
>>> (milestone M5 of version 1.1 or later)
>>> I used these version in my Eclipse 3.2.2 but the example did not
>>> work (I did not respect the constraints and the model is validated
>>> normally) so I installed Eclipse 3.3 and this time the exemple works
>>> correctly (I recive an error message when I violate one constraints)
>>> the problem that I want to work with Eclipse 3.2.2.
>>> can I find precise version of EMF and OCL working with my Eclipse
>>> R-3.2.2-200702121330
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your help
>>>
>>> asma
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
Re: emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions [message #23034 is a reply to message #22820] Fri, 11 May 2007 17:37 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: asma.charfi.com

hi christian
first, I want to thank you for your help
I have slides to present to my work's team and I want to present for them
the exemple using Eclipse 3.2 because all the team's members worrks with
this version
it's not really a problem, I will try to make it work ;-)
I want to verify if using EMF with CDT OCL (using in the example) is
equivalent to using EMFT (OCL+Validation)?
I have to explain the differences between them to my team's members

thank you again

"Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@ca.ibm.com> a
Re: emf+MDT OCL and eclipse versions [message #23075 is a reply to message #23034] Fri, 11 May 2007 13:29 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: cdamus.ca.ibm.com

Hi, Asma,

Here is my reply from the EMF newsgroup:

--

Ah, OK. The article deals strictly with the EMF and MDT OCL components. It
does not involve the EMF Validation component (formerly EMFT Validation).
So, in your Eclipse 3.2 environment, you'd be working strictly with EMF
2.2.x and EMFT OCL 1.0.x (also available from the MDT project as MDT OCL
1.0.x).

EMF Validation includes an org.eclipse.emf.validation.ocl features that
provides support for defining constraints within its framework, using OCL.
The article doesn't go near that.

This week's M7 build of the MDT OCL and EMF Validation SDKs will have
much-improved Programmer's Guide documentation that should help to
elucidate the relationship. If you're in a hurry, it is all checked in
already in CVS in these locations:

/cvsroot/modeling/
org.eclipse.emf/
org.eclipse.emf.validation/
doc/
org.eclipse.emf.validation.doc/
references/overview/*.html
org.eclipse.mdt/
org.eclipse.ocl/
doc/
org.eclipse.ocl.doc/
references/overview/*.html

HTH,

Christian


charfi asma wrote:

> hi christian
> first, I want to thank you for your help
> I have slides to present to my work's team and I want to present for them
> the exemple using Eclipse 3.2 because all the team's members worrks with
> this version
> it's not really a problem, I will try to make it work ;-)
> I want to verify if using EMF with CDT OCL (using in the example) is
> equivalent to using EMFT (OCL+Validation)?
> I have to explain the differences between them to my team's members
>
> thank you again
>
> "Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@ca.ibm.com> a �rit dans le message de news:
> f1v4dl$udj$1@build.eclipse.org...

<snip>
Previous Topic:OCL Models Regenerated -- Action for Extenders
Next Topic:[Announce] MDT OCL 1.1.0 1.1M7 is available
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 15:32:02 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01783 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software