Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » [SOLVED] Which package contains the presentation-relevant classes for the EMF Diagram editor?
[SOLVED] Which package contains the presentation-relevant classes for the EMF Diagram editor? [message #1334544] Mon, 05 May 2014 16:41 Go to next message
Stephan Druskat is currently offline Stephan DruskatFriend

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how the EMF Diagram editor solves the problem of separating model and presentation. AFAIK, this is achieved by using a presentation model in which all model elements contain presentation data as well as a reference to the underlying data model object. I want to dig into how this works for the EMF Diagram editor, but cannot find the relevant class sources, e.g., for EditParts (the package tree is massive, and the GitHub interface doesn't make it very easy to find the relevant classes). Could someone please point me in the right direction? Or indeed, correct me if my assumptions are wrong from the start?

Many thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2014 09:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Which package contains the presentation-relevant classes for the EMF Diagram editor? [message #1336162 is a reply to message #1334544] Tue, 06 May 2014 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Druskat is currently offline Stephan DruskatFriend

Fond them: The EditParts are in org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.diagram/src/org/eclipse/emf/ecoretools/diagram/edit/parts (http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecoretools/org.eclipse.ecoretools.git/tree/org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.diagram/src/org/eclipse/emf/ecoretools/diagram/edit/parts?id=046ede2901d92c659bcaf1238b834b7736cbb500). Other packages can be seen in the imports there.
Re: [SOLVED] Which package contains the presentation-relevant classes for the EMF Diagram editor? [message #1336499 is a reply to message #1336162] Tue, 06 May 2014 12:21 Go to previous message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
Hi, that's actually the "old and legacy" graphical modeler you are looking at.
You'll find the new modeler based on Sirius in : org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.design but then Sirius handle the graphical aspect (hence provides the edit parts) except for a few extensions we provided.

org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.diagram will be removed from the repository after the release.

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Previous Topic:Load and use ECore resources with ECore Editor 2.0
Next Topic:What means setGenerateCustomClasses in org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.ecore.EcoreGenerator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:42:48 GMT 2024