Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » WS-I validator dependent on plugin runtime?
WS-I validator dependent on plugin runtime? [message #227530] Tue, 03 February 2009 22:13 Go to next message
Jeff Faath is currently offline Jeff Faath
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Greetings,

I'm attempting to use the WS-I extension to the WSDL validator
programatically (outside of eclipse) and I'm stuck on this error:

A problem occurred while running the Extension validator
org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.validate.wsdl.WSDLValidator for namespace
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/Plugin

I had some other dependency issues that I was able to fix, but I'm wondering
about this one. It seems like this library shouldn't be required if I'm
using outside of eclipse. And this article (which appears to be somewhat
recent) provides instructions on how to do this and doesn't mention anything
about needing such a library:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Using_the_WSDL_Validator_O utside_of_Eclipse

So, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'm using the libraries
from the 3.1 M4 release. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

-Jeff
Re: WS-I validator dependent on plugin runtime? [message #227532 is a reply to message #227530] Tue, 03 February 2009 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

There is an open bug that has some instructions how to patch it to get
it to run outside of eclipse:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179722

The problem is that they weren't careful when re-doing their
implementation, and didn't think of the need to have it continue to run
outside of eclipse.

The above bug with the patches can get it to work though.

Dave

Jeff F wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm attempting to use the WS-I extension to the WSDL validator
> programatically (outside of eclipse) and I'm stuck on this error:
>
> A problem occurred while running the Extension validator
> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.validate.wsdl.WSDLValidator for namespace
> http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/.
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/Plugin
>
> I had some other dependency issues that I was able to fix, but I'm wondering
> about this one. It seems like this library shouldn't be required if I'm
> using outside of eclipse. And this article (which appears to be somewhat
> recent) provides instructions on how to do this and doesn't mention anything
> about needing such a library:
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Using_the_WSDL_Validator_O utside_of_Eclipse
>
> So, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'm using the libraries
> from the 3.1 M4 release. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?
>
> -Jeff
>
>
Re: WS-I validator dependent on plugin runtime? [message #227536 is a reply to message #227532] Wed, 04 February 2009 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Faath is currently offline Jeff Faath
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thanks Dave.

So, if I understand correctly, I need to perform the steps in comment #6
which includes applying the patch, adding a bunch of libraries, hand editing
several files and ultimately calling the validator differently than the
simpler approach described in the article in my first post?

That's a lot of work to get this thing working. Do you or anyone know the
status of getting this thing into the code base? That last comment seems to
suggest that WTP 3.1 may see the update.

"David Carver" <dcarver@starstandard.org> wrote in message
news:49891221.408@starstandard.org...
> There is an open bug that has some instructions how to patch it to get it
> to run outside of eclipse:
>
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=179722
>
> The problem is that they weren't careful when re-doing their
> implementation, and didn't think of the need to have it continue to run
> outside of eclipse.
>
> The above bug with the patches can get it to work though.
>
> Dave
>
> Jeff F wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm attempting to use the WS-I extension to the WSDL validator
>> programatically (outside of eclipse) and I'm stuck on this error:
>>
>> A problem occurred while running the Extension validator
>> org.eclipse.wst.wsi.internal.validate.wsdl.WSDLValidator for namespace
>> http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/.
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/Plugin
>>
>> I had some other dependency issues that I was able to fix, but I'm
>> wondering about this one. It seems like this library shouldn't be
>> required if I'm using outside of eclipse. And this article (which
>> appears to be somewhat recent) provides instructions on how to do this
>> and doesn't mention anything about needing such a library:
>>
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Using_the_WSDL_Validator_O utside_of_Eclipse
>>
>> So, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'm using the libraries
>> from the 3.1 M4 release. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?
>>
>> -Jeff
Re: WS-I validator dependent on plugin runtime? [message #227539 is a reply to message #227536] Wed, 04 February 2009 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Jeff F wrote:
> Thanks Dave.
>
> So, if I understand correctly, I need to perform the steps in comment #6
> which includes applying the patch, adding a bunch of libraries, hand editing
> several files and ultimately calling the validator differently than the
> simpler approach described in the article in my first post?
>
> That's a lot of work to get this thing working. Do you or anyone know the
> status of getting this thing into the code base? That last comment seems to
> suggest that WTP 3.1 may see the update.

Not sure what the status is. You might want to leave a message in the
bug so that they know there is still interest in it.

Also, that bug is one way to do it, there may be other methods, but
they'll still need some rework. The problem with using it outside of
eclipse, is the fact that they have some code that is dependent on IFile
resources and eclipse api. The patches that I had submitted let it
work both in eclipse and outside, but it's been a while since I last
visited the code, so things might have changed.

Dave
Re: WS-I validator dependent on plugin runtime? [message #227543 is a reply to message #227539] Wed, 04 February 2009 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Faath is currently offline Jeff Faath
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Good idea, it would be much nicer if the WS-I validator could be run as
easily as the article stated. Thanks for your comments.

"David Carver" <dcarver@starstandard.org> wrote in message
news:4989F10D.2010809@starstandard.org...
> Jeff F wrote:
>> Thanks Dave.
>>
>> So, if I understand correctly, I need to perform the steps in comment #6
>> which includes applying the patch, adding a bunch of libraries, hand
>> editing several files and ultimately calling the validator differently
>> than the simpler approach described in the article in my first post?
>>
>> That's a lot of work to get this thing working. Do you or anyone know
>> the status of getting this thing into the code base? That last comment
>> seems to suggest that WTP 3.1 may see the update.
>
> Not sure what the status is. You might want to leave a message in the
> bug so that they know there is still interest in it.
>
> Also, that bug is one way to do it, there may be other methods, but
> they'll still need some rework. The problem with using it outside of
> eclipse, is the fact that they have some code that is dependent on IFile
> resources and eclipse api. The patches that I had submitted let it work
> both in eclipse and outside, but it's been a while since I last visited
> the code, so things might have changed.
>
> Dave
Re: WS-I validator dependent on plugin runtime? [message #227699 is a reply to message #227543] Thu, 12 February 2009 01:00 Go to previous message
Lawrence Mandel is currently offline Lawrence Mandel
Messages: 486
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Jeff,

The article you referenced is actually a little old at this point. I did
update part of the article in April 2008 but the last major update was in
Dec. 2006.

Unless there is a new feature/fix that you required from the WSDL or WS-I
validator I would suggest picking up an older version of WTP. I think all
of this works as described in the article with WTP 1.5.x, which you can
download from [1].

[1] http://archive.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/index.php

Lawrence
Previous Topic:Same EE/JPA project - Multiple Appservers
Next Topic:Webservice in eclispe RCP
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 16 16:07:19 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.06969 seconds