Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Bringing up the WSDL Editor in Debugger
Bringing up the WSDL Editor in Debugger [message #227454] Thu, 29 January 2009 17:46 Go to next message
Jesse Valianes is currently offline Jesse Valianes
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I just recently got involved with developing for WTP, and I am having a
problem. I've been looking into a bug involving the UI in the WSDL Editor
(https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=209289). When I try to
debug the Eclipse Application and bring up the WSDL editor, the editor is
different from the editor in my main Eclipse window, and among the various
differences, the properties are inaccessible. How do I fix this?

<a href="http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7851/mainwindowuc1.jpg">Main
Window</a>

<a href="http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9448/debugwindowrr3.jpg">Debug
Window</a>
Re: Bringing up the WSDL Editor in Debugger [message #227466 is a reply to message #227454] Thu, 29 January 2009 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Jesse Valianes wrote:
> I just recently got involved with developing for WTP, and I am having a
> problem. I've been looking into a bug involving the UI in the WSDL
> Editor (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=209289). When I
> try to debug the Eclipse Application and bring up the WSDL editor, the
> editor is different from the editor in my main Eclipse window, and among
> the various differences, the properties are inaccessible. How do I fix
> this?
>
> <a href="http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7851/mainwindowuc1.jpg">Main
> Window</a>
>
> <a href="http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9448/debugwindowrr3.jpg">Debug
> Window</a>
>

It appears to be bring up the XML editor instead of the WSDL editor.
When you are launching your application you are debugging, are all of
the WSDL related plugins being included. Are there any validation
warnings when you validate the launch configuration and plugin
configuration before launching?

If there are issues then you will need to fix those before you launch.
Re: Bringing up the WSDL Editor in Debugger [message #227470 is a reply to message #227466] Thu, 29 January 2009 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Valianes is currently offline Jesse Valianes
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
David Carver wrote:

> Jesse Valianes wrote:
>> I just recently got involved with developing for WTP, and I am having a
>> problem. I've been looking into a bug involving the UI in the WSDL
>> Editor (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=209289). When I
>> try to debug the Eclipse Application and bring up the WSDL editor, the
>> editor is different from the editor in my main Eclipse window, and among
>> the various differences, the properties are inaccessible. How do I fix
>> this?
>>
>> <a href="http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7851/mainwindowuc1.jpg">Main
>> Window</a>
>>
>> <a href="http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9448/debugwindowrr3.jpg">Debug
>> Window</a>
>>

> It appears to be bring up the XML editor instead of the WSDL editor.
> When you are launching your application you are debugging, are all of
> the WSDL related plugins being included. Are there any validation
> warnings when you validate the launch configuration and plugin
> configuration before launching?

> If there are issues then you will need to fix those before you launch.

Thank you for the quick reply. In my run configurations I made sure that
my plug-ins included everything in my workspace and the target platform.
When I try to validate i get the same error in several packages saying
"Missing Constraint: Require Bundle: org.eclipse.wst.wsdl;
bundle-version=[1.1.0, 1.2.0)" I'm not sure why I get this error as this
package is a part of my workspace.
Re: Bringing up the WSDL Editor in Debugger [message #227474 is a reply to message #227470] Thu, 29 January 2009 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Jesse Valianes wrote:
>
>> If there are issues then you will need to fix those before you launch.
>
> Thank you for the quick reply. In my run configurations I made sure that
> my plug-ins included everything in my workspace and the target platform.
> When I try to validate i get the same error in several packages saying
> "Missing Constraint: Require Bundle: org.eclipse.wst.wsdl;
> bundle-version=[1.1.0, 1.2.0)" I'm not sure why I get this error as this
> package is a part of my workspace.

Well since it can't seem to find that bundle, it is why you are having
issues, and you aren't getting the appropriate editor loaded. Is the
version in your workspace a different version number than what is being
requested. You can check the manifest file of the org.eclipse.wst.wsdl
to see.
Re: Bringing up the WSDL Editor in Debugger [message #227478 is a reply to message #227470] Fri, 30 January 2009 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: valentinbaciu.hotmail.com

You have to ensure that you get the code from the branch that matches your
target. For example if you're trying to fix this in WTP 3.1 you will need a
recent WTP 3.1 target and code from HEAD. If you're trying to fix it in WTP
3.0.4 you need a WTP 3.0.4 target and code from the branch named
R3_0_maintenance.

Hope this helps. Valentin

"Jesse Valianes" <jvaliane@learn.senecac.on.ca> wrote in message
news:a0ebd237c00cd2c3711be2fc9af7c6fa$1@www.eclipse.org...
> David Carver wrote:
>
>> Jesse Valianes wrote:
>>> I just recently got involved with developing for WTP, and I am having a
>>> problem. I've been looking into a bug involving the UI in the WSDL
>>> Editor (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=209289). When I
>>> try to debug the Eclipse Application and bring up the WSDL editor, the
>>> editor is different from the editor in my main Eclipse window, and among
>>> the various differences, the properties are inaccessible. How do I fix
>>> this?
>>>
>>> <a href="http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7851/mainwindowuc1.jpg">Main
>>> Window</a>
>>>
>>> <a href="http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9448/debugwindowrr3.jpg">Debug
>>> Window</a>
>>>
>
>> It appears to be bring up the XML editor instead of the WSDL editor. When
>> you are launching your application you are debugging, are all of the WSDL
>> related plugins being included. Are there any validation warnings when
>> you validate the launch configuration and plugin configuration before
>> launching?
>
>> If there are issues then you will need to fix those before you launch.
>
> Thank you for the quick reply. In my run configurations I made sure that
> my plug-ins included everything in my workspace and the target platform.
> When I try to validate i get the same error in several packages saying
> "Missing Constraint: Require Bundle: org.eclipse.wst.wsdl;
> bundle-version=[1.1.0, 1.2.0)" I'm not sure why I get this error as this
> package is a part of my workspace.
>
Re: Bringing up the WSDL Editor in Debugger [message #227535 is a reply to message #227478] Wed, 04 February 2009 17:47 Go to previous message
Jordan Anastasiade is currently offline Jordan Anastasiade
Messages: 1
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
You could use the tutorial from:
http://cs.senecac.on.ca/~jordan.anastasiade/Eclipse/WTP/0/WT P_Tutorial_1.html
to find out how to set the targets.
Previous Topic:Axis2 client plugin
Next Topic:Generate menu missing
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Oct 31 20:50:24 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01733 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software