Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Java WorkFlow Tooling (JWT) » IBM Task modeler
IBM Task modeler [message #22173] Mon, 13 February 2006 07:28 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: fabrice.dewasmes.openwide.fr

Hi,

has anyone seen this :

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/taskmodeler?open&S_TA CT=105AGX59&S_CMP=GR

Fabrice
Re: IBM Task modeler [message #22217 is a reply to message #22173] Mon, 13 February 2006 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: vgv8.yahoo.com.br

Why someone would want to wait 4-6 weeks just to get access to trial
download
https://secure.alphaworks.ibm.com/reg/awsurvey.nsf/surveylic ense?openform&tech=taskmodeler
?
amongst other doubts and free OpenSrc designers

Haven't we have already a lot to look into our own contributions?
Guennadi Vanine
"Fabrice Dewasmes" <fabrice.dewasmes@openwide.fr> wrote in message
news:dspu1n$ado$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> has anyone seen this :
>
> http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/taskmodeler?open&S_TA CT=105AGX59&S_CMP=GR
>
> Fabrice
Re: IBM Task modeler [message #22402 is a reply to message #22173] Wed, 15 February 2006 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: rzulauf.objeng.ch

Fabrice Dewasmes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone seen this :
>
> http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/taskmodeler?open&S_TA CT=105AGX59&S_CMP=GR
>
>
> Fabrice
Hi Fabrice,

haven't seen it but looks interesting. However I am not sure if DITA
goes in the direction we want to go.

By the way, IBM does already offer a BPML designer called "IBM WebSphere
Business Modeler" which is the non-techie companion to "IBM WebSphere
Business Integration Developer".
A domain expert/process engineer models his processes using BPML (more
or less) with Modeler, does an export to BPEL for the developer who uses
WID (Integration Developer) to add technical stuff, wire partner links
etc. The completed process definition is then deployed to the WebSphere
Process Server (based on WSAS 6.0).

I like our approach better of having just one tool with different
representations - that way a non-techie can use his favorite
representation and when the process is further used by a developer, he
can change the representation and add technical stuff, so no complicated
export/import and roundtrip engineering is needed.

I happen to use these IBM tools at the moment in a workflow project.
Hopefully I can use and share my further experience to make JWT a
top-notch designer.

Regards
Roman
Re: IBM Task modeler [message #504912 is a reply to message #22173] Wed, 23 December 2009 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexej Spas is currently offline Alexej Spas
Messages: 22
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi all,

I'm not sure in what context you plan to use DITA here, but if you siriously consider doing so, please take a look on documentation management tool called DITAworks (www.ditaworks.com)

This is an Eclipse based tool that manages documentation with single source approach using DITA standard. It provides extensive support of Eclipse help generation and handles a lot of Eclipse help single source generation issues like cross-plugin link generation control, pulling topic title on level of help contexts and s.o.

It also has set of special features for producing Eclipse help and integration with RCP application and RCP application development process. Take a look on following blog-post for more details:

Support of specific Eclipse help features in DITAworks
Step by step guide on how to support Eclipse help content under DITAworks

Also there are some screencasts available here:
http://www.ditaworks.com/state/AG:item.34.subitem.43/AC:-1.6 60216953/

Alexej
Re: IBM Task modeler [message #505688 is a reply to message #504912] Mon, 04 January 2010 09:09 Go to previous message
Marc Dutoo is currently offline Marc Dutoo
Messages: 71
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Alexej

Thanks, but didn't this mail miss its meant target forum / newsgroup ?

Regards,
Marc


Alexej Spas a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure in what context you plan to use DITA here, but if you
> siriously consider doing so, please take a look on
> http://www.ditaworks.com/ called DITAworks (http://www.ditaworks.com/)
>
> This is an Eclipse based tool that manages documentation with single
> source approach using DITA standard. It provides extensive support of
> Eclipse help generation and handles a lot of Eclipse help single source
> generation issues like cross-plugin link generation control, pulling
> topic title on level of help contexts and s.o.
> It also has set of special features for producing Eclipse help and
> integration with RCP application and RCP application development
> process. Take a look on following blog-post for more details:
>
> http://support.ditaworks.com/features/using-dita-for-publish ing-documentation-in-eclipse-help-format-functionality-previ ew/
>
> http://support.ditaworks.com/features/eclipse-help-support-w ith-ditaworks/
>
> Also there are some screencasts available here:
> http://www.ditaworks.com/state/AG:item.34.subitem.43/AC:-1.6 60216953/
>
> Alexej
Previous Topic:Newbie Question/Issue: JWT Hanging on startup
Next Topic:WE (Workflow Editor)
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 01 22:34:36 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02293 seconds