Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Problems running MTJ and the new J2ME SDK 3.0
Problems running MTJ and the new J2ME SDK 3.0 [message #22145] Sat, 08 November 2008 10:34 Go to next message
Francisco is currently offline FranciscoFriend
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I am new in the J2ME world. I have installed the MTJ into eclipse and I
have downloaded the new J2ME SDK 3.0 from Sun's webpage.
I have followed the tutorial from http://live.eclipse.org/node/614 in
order to create a simple Hello World midlet. However, I am not able to run
the middlet because it seems that the command line arguments used by MTJ
are not correct. This is the output I get when I start the middlet:

Syntax:

emulator [arguments]

Arguments are:

-version Display version information about the emulator
-help Display list of valid arguments
-Xdebug Use a remote debugger
-Xrunjdwp:[transport=<transport>,address=<address>,server= <y/n>
suspend=<y/n>]
Debugging options
-Xdevice:<device> Select a device skin for the emulator
-Xdomain:<domain_name>
Set the MIDlet suite's security domain

-Xautotest:<JAD file url>
Run in autotest mode
-Xdescriptor:<JAD file name>
The JAD file to be executed

-Xjam[:install=<JAD file url> | force | list | storageNames |
run=[<storage name> | <storage number>] |
remove=[<storage name> | <storage number> | all]]
Java Application Manager and support
for Over The Air provisioning (OTA)
-Xquery Print device information


Is there not support yet in MJT for this SDK? How can I fix the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Fran
Re: Problems running MTJ and the new J2ME SDK 3.0 [message #22188 is a reply to message #22145] Sun, 09 November 2008 19:03 Go to previous message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Messages: 116
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Francisco,

we have already identified this issue with the new J2ME SDK 3.0 from Sun
and fixed this issue in the 0.9.1 nightly builds.

If you are using the 0.9 release version of MTJ and don't want to use the
0.9.1 NB releases, here is what you could do:

1 - Select the "Window > Preferences..." to open the workbench
preferences.
2 - Select the "Java ME > Device Management" preference page to display
the installed SDKs.
3 - On each device form the J2ME SDK 3.0 select the "Edit..." button and
update the "Launch Command Template" to the following:

%executable% [%debugPort%|-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,server=y,address=%de bugPort%]
[%classpath%|-classpath "%classpath%"] -Xdevice:%device%
[%jadfile%|"-Xdescriptor:%jadfile%"] [%verbose%|-Xverbose:%verbose%]
[%heapsize%|-Xheapsize:%heapsize%]
[%securityDomain%|-Xdomain:%securityDomain%] %userSpecifiedArguments%
[%otaurl%|-Xjam:transient=%otaurl%]

That should fix the problem.
Re: Problems running MTJ and the new J2ME SDK 3.0 [message #567702 is a reply to message #22145] Sun, 09 November 2008 19:03 Go to previous message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Messages: 116
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Francisco,

we have already identified this issue with the new J2ME SDK 3.0 from Sun
and fixed this issue in the 0.9.1 nightly builds.

If you are using the 0.9 release version of MTJ and don't want to use the
0.9.1 NB releases, here is what you could do:

1 - Select the "Window > Preferences..." to open the workbench
preferences.
2 - Select the "Java ME > Device Management" preference page to display
the installed SDKs.
3 - On each device form the J2ME SDK 3.0 select the "Edit..." button and
update the "Launch Command Template" to the following:

%executable% [%debugPort%|-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,suspend=y,server=y,address=%de bugPort%]
[%classpath%|-classpath "%classpath%"] -Xdevice:%device%
[%jadfile%|"-Xdescriptor:%jadfile%"] [%verbose%|-Xverbose:%verbose%]
[%heapsize%|-Xheapsize:%heapsize%]
[%securityDomain%|-Xdomain:%securityDomain%] %userSpecifiedArguments%
[%otaurl%|-Xjam:transient=%otaurl%]

That should fix the problem.
Previous Topic:Problems running MTJ and the new J2ME SDK 3.0
Next Topic:preverification of non-class files
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 17:23:42 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02565 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software