Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Thank you GEF
Thank you GEF [message #226936] Mon, 27 November 2006 01:38 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: eric.services.ideoform.org

Hello,

I'm working on an Eclipse DocBook editor that will be superior to Vex
(because of all the wonderful Eclipse frameworks that Vex neglects in
its attempt at dual Swing/SWT support). Building on top of WST and GEF I
have gotten very, far very quickly. Looking at the design, it looks like
GEF is going to be a pleasure to work with--it inspires me to think of
more tools for the palette :)

I do have a question about Rich Text editing, however. I've seen some
mention about the GEF text examples being incorporated into the
framework but I haven't been able to determine if that has even begun (I
did a little looking around in CVS too.) Has there been any work in this
area? Is there branch with some bleeding edge development or is the
currently released examples package my best starting point?

Thanks,

Eric Woodruff
Re: Thank you GEF [message #228271 is a reply to message #226936] Mon, 18 December 2006 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: none.unknown.com

"Eric Woodruff" <eric.services@ideoform.org> wrote in message
news:eke14d$7fd$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on an Eclipse DocBook editor that will be superior to Vex
> (because of all the wonderful Eclipse frameworks that Vex neglects in
> its attempt at dual Swing/SWT support). Building on top of WST and GEF I
> have gotten very, far very quickly. Looking at the design, it looks like
> GEF is going to be a pleasure to work with--it inspires me to think of
> more tools for the palette :)
>
> I do have a question about Rich Text editing, however. I've seen some
> mention about the GEF text examples being incorporated into the
> framework but I haven't been able to determine if that has even begun (I
> did a little looking around in CVS too.) Has there been any work in this
> area? Is there branch with some bleeding edge development or is the
> currently released examples package my best starting point?

Indeed, there is. Just check out the org.eclipse.gef.examples.text plug-in
from the GEF repository. This is not included in the bundled examples on
the build page. That example is not complete by any stretch of the
imagination, but it shows some neat things you can do with text in GEF.

Where can I find this DocBook editor? I could use something like that, if
it's not too unstable at this point.

>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric Woodruff
Re: Thank you GEF [message #228296 is a reply to message #228271] Tue, 19 December 2006 03:16 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: eric.services.ideoform.org

Pratik Shah wrote:
> "Eric Woodruff" <eric.services@ideoform.org> wrote in message
> news:eke14d$7fd$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working on an Eclipse DocBook editor that will be superior to Vex
>> (because of all the wonderful Eclipse frameworks that Vex neglects in
>> its attempt at dual Swing/SWT support). Building on top of WST and GEF I
>> have gotten very, far very quickly. Looking at the design, it looks like
>> GEF is going to be a pleasure to work with--it inspires me to think of
>> more tools for the palette :)
>>
>> I do have a question about Rich Text editing, however. I've seen some
>> mention about the GEF text examples being incorporated into the
>> framework but I haven't been able to determine if that has even begun (I
>> did a little looking around in CVS too.) Has there been any work in this
>> area? Is there branch with some bleeding edge development or is the
>> currently released examples package my best starting point?
>
> Indeed, there is. Just check out the org.eclipse.gef.examples.text plug-in
> from the GEF repository. This is not included in the bundled examples on
> the build page. That example is not complete by any stretch of the
> imagination, but it shows some neat things you can do with text in GEF.
>

I got the impression from the earlier thread that I saw that the
GraphicalTextViewer might be incorporated into GEF and not in an
examples package.


> Where can I find this DocBook editor? I could use something like that, if
> it's not too unstable at this point.
>

It isn't yet available and is in early alpha stages. Primitive rendering
and editing is functional, but mostly by converting the model and
commands from the rich text example to instead modify the DOM.

I am wondering if the project could be a WTP subproject, but I have not
yet had any discussion with that group about it yet.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eric Woodruff
>
>
Previous Topic:error GraphicalEditor.doSave
Next Topic:a question about connection
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 27 21:19:41 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05412 seconds