Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Re: Bug life cycle ?
Re: Bug life cycle ? [message #226739] Thu, 15 January 2009 17:12 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eclipse-news.rizzoweb.com

Note: copying this to the eclipse.webtools newsgroup.
More comments below...

On 1/15/2009 11:44 AM, benoit lefevre wrote:
> Hello
>
> Althought i have been using Eclipse for a long time, it is the first
> time i need to get in touch with developpement team members.
>
> I hope i choosed the right group to talk about the problem i am
> currently experiencing.
>
> Even if it is a minor bug, i'd like to know what is the exact status of
> bug 249799.
>
> On one hand I am reproducing it with Eclipse version 3.4.1 (using war
> attached to this bug) and on the other one its description (in Bugzilla)
> state that it have been detected in version 3.0.2, had a fix produced
> and, if i am right, that this fix is supposed to be introduced (or will
> be) in version 3.0.3 (Target Milestone field).
>
> As i don't realy know how is working eclipse bug life cycle, i am
> wondering if this mean that the fix will be automaticaly merged in the
> 3.4.1+x version when it will be introduced in 3.0.3 or that it is not
> planed to be merged at all ?
>
> In this later case, i'll change this bug status state to reopen as i can
> reproduce it in version 3.4.1
>
> But am i right thinking that :
>
> Bug fix will be (or have been) introduced in version 3.0.3 ?
> Bug fix is not planned to be introduced in version 3.4.1 ?
>
> To summaries : Thank in advance to anyone that will explain me how to
> read a bug in Bugzilla ;)

What you're missing is that the bug is reported against the Web Tools
(WTP) project, not the Eclipse platform project. WTP follows its own
version numbering and does not correspond with the Eclipse platform
versions.
So, Eclipse platform is currently at version 3.4.1, but WTP's latest
release is 3.0.3. Depending on which package you originally downloaded,
you probably have gotten WTP bundled, and that version is most likely
NOT the very latest, 3.0.3.
If there is another Eclipse Ganymede release made (Ganymede is a
simultaneous release of lots of eclipse.org projects, including the
platform and WTP), it will likely include WTP 3.0.3 and would probably
be informally called 3.4.2 (more properly, it would be SR2, for "Service
Release 2").

If you'd like to get the latest version of WTP, you can do so through
the Software Update UI (Help > Software Updates). Find the WTP features
listed under Installed Software and then use the Update... button to
upgrade them.

Hope this helps,
Eric
Re: Bug life cycle ? [message #226746 is a reply to message #226739] Thu, 15 January 2009 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

As Eric has stated it will be in 3.4.2, but here is some more
information as well.

> On 1/15/2009 11:44 AM, benoit lefevre wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Althought i have been using Eclipse for a long time, it is the first
>> time i need to get in touch with developpement team members.
>>
>> I hope i choosed the right group to talk about the problem i am
>> currently experiencing.
>>
>> Even if it is a minor bug, i'd like to know what is the exact status of
>> bug 249799.
>>
>> On one hand I am reproducing it with Eclipse version 3.4.1 (using war
>> attached to this bug) and on the other one its description (in Bugzilla)
>> state that it have been detected in version 3.0.2, had a fix produced
>> and, if i am right, that this fix is supposed to be introduced (or will
>> be) in version 3.0.3 (Target Milestone field).
>>
>> As i don't realy know how is working eclipse bug life cycle, i am
>> wondering if this mean that the fix will be automaticaly merged in the
>> 3.4.1+x version when it will be introduced in 3.0.3 or that it is not
>> planed to be merged at all ?

When eclipse 3.4.2 is released and the Java EE package is created it
will be in that version as well.


>>
>> In this later case, i'll change this bug status state to reopen as i can
>> reproduce it in version 3.4.1
>>
>> But am i right thinking that :
>>
>> Bug fix will be (or have been) introduced in version 3.0.3 ?

If you have software update notification turned on in your eclipse 3.4.1
package that has the Java EE plugins installed, you should get notified
as to their being new updates for 3.0.3 available. If you don't have
the web tools specific update site added, you can add:

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/updates/

To your list, and that will get the latest updates available for WTP.
These may be newer than the ones that are in Eclipse 3.4.1 Java EE package.


>> Bug fix is not planned to be introduced in version 3.4.1 ?


See explanation above.

>>
>> To summaries : Thank in advance to anyone that will explain me how to
>> read a bug in Bugzilla ;)
>
Re: Bug life cycle ? [message #226752 is a reply to message #226746] Thu, 15 January 2009 18:14 Go to previous message
benoit lefevre is currently offline benoit lefevreFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
David, Eric, thank you for your answers.

It was cristal clear.

And nown thanks to your explainations I understand why it is usefull to
have both Eclipse update site as well as its componnents specialized
update sites.

Regards.

Benoit.
Previous Topic:[JPT] Recent history of org.eclipse.jpt.feature
Next Topic:Docbook XML Transformation JAXPSAXProcessorInvoker XPath error
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 06:26:53 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.20160 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software