Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example
EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example [message #22020] Thu, 14 July 2005 01:36 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: varaya.syamanond.centrelink.gov.au

Hi everyone,

Just working on the EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example (from
Tutorial#22: Using Test and Performance Tools Platform Logging and
Monitoring Tools), I downloaded the source but I'm a bit lost on how to
run the example. Can someone please give me a quick run through on this?
Thank you very much for your help :-)

Sylvia
Re: EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example [message #22064 is a reply to message #22020] Thu, 14 July 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Slauenwhite is currently offline Paul SlauenwhiteFriend
Messages: 970
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Sylvia,
The source component of this tutorial consists of six plug-ins/Java
projects:

Demo_Analysis_Engine
Demo_Log_Correlator
Demo_Log_Parser
Simple_HTTP_Proxy_Server
eclipsecon.tutorial.datacollection
eclipsecon.tutorial.datacollection.agent

The top three plug-ins (i.e. Demo_*) consist of extension point
implementations for a customized Analysis Engine, Log Correlation and Log
Parser, respectively (see slides for more details). The bottom two plug-ins
(i.e. eclipsecon.tutorial.*) consist of a customized remote statistical
agent and its local running wizard. The middle Java project (i.e.
Simple_HTTP_Proxy_Server) is a sample HTTP proxy server used for
demonstration purposes. The server is instrumented with various types of
logging instrumentation which issued to showcase the problem determination
capabilities of TPTP. I would recommend following the slides and self-host
a TPTP workbench instance with the plug-in in your workspace. You may use
the Simple HTTP Proxy Server to generate live logs or used the existing logs
in the Simple_HTTP_Proxy_Server/logs directory\.

Paul

"Sylvia S" <varaya.syamanond@centrelink.gov.au> wrote in message
news:c9f93fbfa8ccb31468afe1ca77cd7dfe$1@www.eclipse.org...
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just working on the EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example (from
> Tutorial#22: Using Test and Performance Tools Platform Logging and
> Monitoring Tools), I downloaded the source but I'm a bit lost on how to
> run the example. Can someone please give me a quick run through on this?
> Thank you very much for your help :-)
>
> Sylvia
>
Re: EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example [message #22152 is a reply to message #22020] Thu, 14 July 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: user.domain.invalid

Hi Sylvia, everyone,
I'd be interested in running through the tutorial as well, but I
searched and cannot find it.
Can you give me the link please?
Also is there a list of all the tutorials?
Thanks.


Sylvia S wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just working on the EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example (from
> Tutorial#22: Using Test and Performance Tools Platform Logging and
> Monitoring Tools), I downloaded the source but I'm a bit lost on how to
> run the example. Can someone please give me a quick run through on this?
> Thank you very much for your help :-)
>
> Sylvia
>
Re: EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example [message #22195 is a reply to message #22152] Thu, 14 July 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: varaya.syamanond.centrelink.gov.au

The EclipseCon tutorials are located at:

http://eclipse.org/tptp/ then click on "Documentation"

There are tutorial slides on topics such as "Using TPTP Logging and
Monitoring Tools", "Using the Test and Performance Tools Platform",
"Building a Custom Test Execution Environment"

Hope this helps :-)

user@domain.invalid wrote:

> Hi Sylvia, everyone,
> I'd be interested in running through the tutorial as well, but I
> searched and cannot find it.
> Can you give me the link please?
> Also is there a list of all the tutorials?
> Thanks.


> Sylvia S wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just working on the EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example (from
>> Tutorial#22: Using Test and Performance Tools Platform Logging and
>> Monitoring Tools), I downloaded the source but I'm a bit lost on how to
>> run the example. Can someone please give me a quick run through on this?
>> Thank you very much for your help :-)
>>
>> Sylvia
>>
Re: EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example [message #22237 is a reply to message #22064] Fri, 15 July 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: varaya.syamanond.centrelink.gov.au

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for the explanation on the source component :) I think
I have got the example working now.

Cheers,
Sylvia


Paul Slauenwhite wrote:

> Hi Sylvia,
> The source component of this tutorial consists of six plug-ins/Java
> projects:

> Demo_Analysis_Engine
> Demo_Log_Correlator
> Demo_Log_Parser
> Simple_HTTP_Proxy_Server
> eclipsecon.tutorial.datacollection
> eclipsecon.tutorial.datacollection.agent

> The top three plug-ins (i.e. Demo_*) consist of extension point
> implementations for a customized Analysis Engine, Log Correlation and Log
> Parser, respectively (see slides for more details). The bottom two plug-ins
> (i.e. eclipsecon.tutorial.*) consist of a customized remote statistical
> agent and its local running wizard. The middle Java project (i.e.
> Simple_HTTP_Proxy_Server) is a sample HTTP proxy server used for
> demonstration purposes. The server is instrumented with various types of
> logging instrumentation which issued to showcase the problem determination
> capabilities of TPTP. I would recommend following the slides and self-host
> a TPTP workbench instance with the plug-in in your workspace. You may use
> the Simple HTTP Proxy Server to generate live logs or used the existing logs
> in the Simple_HTTP_Proxy_Server/logs directory.

> Paul

> "Sylvia S" <varaya.syamanond@centrelink.gov.au> wrote in message
> news:c9f93fbfa8ccb31468afe1ca77cd7dfe$1@www.eclipse.org...
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just working on the EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example (from
>> Tutorial#22: Using Test and Performance Tools Platform Logging and
>> Monitoring Tools), I downloaded the source but I'm a bit lost on how to
>> run the example. Can someone please give me a quick run through on this?
>> Thank you very much for your help :-)
>>
>> Sylvia
>>
Re: EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example [message #22393 is a reply to message #22195] Sun, 17 July 2005 22:36 Go to previous message
David Read is currently offline David ReadFriend
Messages: 35
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thanks Sylvia,
For anyone else who's interested, I also found a list of all the
tutorials for Eclipse at http://www.eclipsecon.org/2005/tutorials.php

David.


Sylvia S. wrote:
> The EclipseCon tutorials are located at:
>
> http://eclipse.org/tptp/ then click on "Documentation"
> There are tutorial slides on topics such as "Using TPTP Logging and
> Monitoring Tools", "Using the Test and Performance Tools Platform",
> "Building a Custom Test Execution Environment"
>
> Hope this helps :-)
>
> user@domain.invalid wrote:
>
>> Hi Sylvia, everyone,
>> I'd be interested in running through the tutorial as well, but I
>> searched and cannot find it.
>> Can you give me the link please?
>> Also is there a list of all the tutorials?
>> Thanks.
>
>
>
>> Sylvia S wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Just working on the EclipseCon Data Collection Agent Example (from
>>> Tutorial#22: Using Test and Performance Tools Platform Logging and
>>> Monitoring Tools), I downloaded the source but I'm a bit lost on how
>>> to run the example. Can someone please give me a quick run through on
>>> this? Thank you very much for your help :-)
>>>
>>> Sylvia
>>>
>
>
Previous Topic:TPTP Platform Report - SWTGraphicViewer
Next Topic:Profiling JBoss running in debug mode
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 09:32:20 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01900 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software