Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Saving .xml files on an EGit Android Project("Save As" window is always displayed when I make a simple save (Ctrl+S))
Saving .xml files on an EGit Android Project [message #1321607] Tue, 29 April 2014 11:40 Go to next message
Alex Andro is currently offline Alex AndroFriend

I have just added an Android Project under version control in Eclipse, using Egit, following vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseGit/article tutorial.
All seems to be fine but I have a little problem. Whenever I make a change in an xml file and I want to save, a series of pop-up window appears ass you can see on below screen-shoots. (attachments) This does not happen with .java files, only with .xml files. This didn't happen before, only after I put the project under version control. This is really annoying, frustrating and slow.
Is this normal? Can I skip them? Thankyou.

index.php/fa/17994/0/
index.php/fa/17993/0/
  • Attachment: screen1.png
    (Size: 48.39KB, Downloaded 601 times)
  • Attachment: screen2.png
    (Size: 45.04KB, Downloaded 659 times)
Re: Saving .xml files on an EGit Android Project [message #1322564 is a reply to message #1321607] Tue, 29 April 2014 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
did you try if this still happens when disconnecting the projects from git team provider by clicking "Team > Disconnect" on the project ?
Re: Saving .xml files on an EGit Android Project [message #1323324 is a reply to message #1322564] Wed, 30 April 2014 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I didn't, but this does not happen anymore after restarting Eclipse. Should I "Disconnect" then "Share" the project again if the issue will appear again....?
Re: Saving .xml files on an EGit Android Project [message #1323455 is a reply to message #1321607] Wed, 30 April 2014 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Alex Andro skrev 2014-04-29 17.02:
> I have just added an Android Project under version control in Eclipse, using Egit, following vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseGit/article tutorial.
> All seems to be fine but I have a little problem. Whenever I make a change in an xml file and I want to save, a series of pop-up window appears ass you can see on below screen-shoots. (attachments) This does not happen with .java files, only with .xml files. This didn't happen before, only after I put the project under version control. This is really annoying, frustrating and slow.
> Is this normal? Can I skip them? Thankyou.
>

What XML editor are you using? There are several editors. Is there a difference whether you open with the default editor or the Text Editor?

-- robin
Re: Saving .xml files on an EGit Android Project [message #1323544 is a reply to message #1323455] Wed, 30 April 2014 10:05 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg wrote on Wed, 30 April 2014 05:09
Alex Andro skrev 2014-04-29 17.02:

What XML editor are you using? There are several editors. Is there a difference whether you open with the default editor or the Text Editor?

-- robin

I'm using the default "Android Common XML Editor", I didn't try to open it with another editor, but as I said this does not happen anymore now.... just first time when I shared the project under version control.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 April 2014 14:44]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Fetch from Gerrit
Next Topic:change directly in the compare editor will directly be added to index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:59:01 GMT 2024