Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Troubles installing Egit
Troubles installing Egit [message #1320055] Mon, 28 April 2014 15:06 Go to next message
Jack Zhang is currently offline Jack ZhangFriend
Hi everyone, I'm trying to install Egit to clone a repository but things have gone horribly wrong. I installed EGit - Git Team Provider via the "Install New Software" option of Eclipse but the Git view did not show up so I attempted to uninstall everything again, however now Eclipse won't let me fully uninstall Egit and gives me this in the details of the uninstall operation:
"Java implementation of Git" cannot be fully uninstalled because other installed software requires it. The parts that are not required will be uninstalled.

I'm trying to uninstall the Egit - Git Team Provider plugin because it's not giving me any additional options (after restarting eclipse multiple times) and I found a different Egit Plugin in the Eclipse Marketplace that seems like it would work better. Does anyone have insights?
Re: Troubles installing Egit [message #1321237 is a reply to message #1320055] Tue, 29 April 2014 06:59 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Can you provide more details: which Eclipse package / version are you using, which additional features
did you install, which egit version are you trying to install ?

There is only one EGit 3.3.2 available in the Eclipse marketplace http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/egit-git-team-provider#.U19NieaSz7k
you can install the same version from http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates.
Previous Topic:JGit/Ant integration
Next Topic:Fetch from Gerrit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:40:40 GMT 2024