Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?)
WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224368] Tue, 25 November 2008 19:24 Go to next message
fred is currently offline fred
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I am trying to edit a WSDL 2.0 file using the WSDL editor.
I installed the last version of Eclipse as well as the last
version of the WEB tools.

Unfortunately, the editor does not seem to know WSDL 2.0 ...
for example, it knows portTypes (WSDL 1.) but not interfaces (WSDL 2.O).

Does it exist a version of the WEB tools capable of working with
WSDL 2.0 ?

Thanks !

fred
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224401 is a reply to message #224368] Wed, 26 November 2008 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lawrence Mandel is currently offline Lawrence Mandel
Messages: 486
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Fred,

Unfortunately the answer is no.

Lawrence
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224408 is a reply to message #224401] Wed, 26 November 2008 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fred is currently offline fred
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thanks for your response Lawrence !

Does it mean that WSDL 2.0 is not important enough
and is not widely accepted by the Web services community ?

By the way, does it exist other tools able to manipulate
WSDL 2.0 ?

fred
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224417 is a reply to message #224401] Wed, 26 November 2008 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mauro.molinari.cardinis.com

lmandel@ca.ibm.com ha scritto:
> Hi Fred,
>
> Unfortunately the answer is no.
>
> Lawrence

Hi Lawrence!
But, if the WSDL editor of Eclipse does not support WSDL 2.0, how should
we interpret the following enhancement (marked as closed and fixed)?
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=82569

Mauro.
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224425 is a reply to message #224417] Wed, 26 November 2008 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: valentinbaciu.hotmail.com

Mauro, as Lawrence said, there is no support for WSDL 2.0 in our WSDL tools
and there are no plans for WSDL 2.0 support in WTP 3.1.

The (very old) enhancement you mention talks about a WSDL 1.1 to 2.0
converter and appears to have been added to one of the tests plug-ins. The
menu it talks about was never added to the WSDL editor's menu.

Regards, Valentin

"Mauro Molinari" <mauro.molinari@cardinis.com> wrote in message
news:ggj13h$pi4$1@build.eclipse.org...
> lmandel@ca.ibm.com ha scritto:
>> Hi Fred,
>>
>> Unfortunately the answer is no.
>>
>> Lawrence
>
> Hi Lawrence!
> But, if the WSDL editor of Eclipse does not support WSDL 2.0, how should
> we interpret the following enhancement (marked as closed and fixed)?
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=82569
>
> Mauro.
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224435 is a reply to message #224425] Wed, 26 November 2008 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mauro.molinari.cardinis.com

Valentin ha scritto:
> Mauro, as Lawrence said, there is no support for WSDL 2.0 in our WSDL tools
> and there are no plans for WSDL 2.0 support in WTP 3.1.
>
> The (very old) enhancement you mention talks about a WSDL 1.1 to 2.0
> converter and appears to have been added to one of the tests plug-ins. The
> menu it talks about was never added to the WSDL editor's menu.
>
> Regards, Valentin

I see, thank you Valentin!

Mauro.
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224440 is a reply to message #224408] Wed, 26 November 2008 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mauro.molinari.cardinis.com

fred ha scritto:
> Thanks for your response Lawrence !
>
> Does it mean that WSDL 2.0 is not important enough
> and is not widely accepted by the Web services community ?
>
> By the way, does it exist other tools able to manipulate
> WSDL 2.0 ?
>
> fred

I would suggest you to open a new enhancement request for adding WDSL
2.0 support in the WSDL editor...

Mauro.
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #224554 is a reply to message #224408] Fri, 28 November 2008 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lawrence Mandel is currently offline Lawrence Mandel
Messages: 486
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Fred,

I would take this as WSDL 2.0 is not yet widely accepted. Given all the
other demands on WTP I don't think this is a priority. I think WTP would
be happy to accept contributions if there are people interested in working
on this tooling. (This is my take. The PMC can clarify further if need
be.)

Apache Axis2 supports generation of WSDL 2.0 documents from Java code and
generation of service stubs from WSDL 2.0 documents. Apache Woden provides
a WSDL model. I remember hearing of work to create an EMF based WSDL 2.0
model in the Eclipse Modeling project, although I can't find a link.

Lawrence


>Thanks for your response Lawrence !
>
>Does it mean that WSDL 2.0 is not important enough
>and is not widely accepted by the Web services community ?
>
>By the way, does it exist other tools able to manipulate
>WSDL 2.0 ?
>
>fred
Re: WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?) [message #666012 is a reply to message #224368] Mon, 18 April 2011 11:48 Go to previous message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario Jauvin
Messages: 2
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I have created an enhancement. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=343168 and vote for it please.
Previous Topic:JavaScript debugging in Helios
Next Topic:Javascript Editor Type Validation
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 27 23:13:13 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01816 seconds