Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Validation shows warnings for custom JSP tags with dynamic-attributes
Validation shows warnings for custom JSP tags with dynamic-attributes [message #219371] Mon, 18 August 2008 12:21 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: elvanor.gmail.com

Hello,

I have some JSP tags that have the dynamic-attributes tag set to true in
their TLD file. I would expect that this means that arbitrary attributes
can be added to those tags. However, validation shows these attributes as
warnings in the JSP view. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Jean-Noel
Re: Validation shows warnings for custom JSP tags with dynamic-attributes [message #219379 is a reply to message #219371] Mon, 18 August 2008 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin Dahyabhai
Messages: 2235
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jean-Noel Rivasseau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some JSP tags that have the dynamic-attributes tag set to true in
> their TLD file. I would expect that this means that arbitrary attributes
> can be added to those tags. However, validation shows these attributes
> as warnings in the JSP view. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

It's known as bug 197220, which is fixed in our upcoming 3.0.1 release.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=197220

--
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing
IBM Rational


---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP, IBM
Re: Validation shows warnings for custom JSP tags with dynamic-attributes [message #219395 is a reply to message #219379] Tue, 19 August 2008 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: elvanor.gmail.com

Are you sure this is #197220? It really does not look like it. This bug is
for required attributes that are missing; mine is for optional attributes
(dynamic) that are added to a tag. It also mentions errors, whereas I get
warnings.

> Jean-Noel Rivasseau wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have some JSP tags that have the dynamic-attributes tag set to true in
>> their TLD file. I would expect that this means that arbitrary attributes
>> can be added to those tags. However, validation shows these attributes
>> as warnings in the JSP view. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

> It's known as bug 197220, which is fixed in our upcoming 3.0.1 release.

> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=197220
Re: Validation shows warnings for custom JSP tags with dynamic-attributes [message #219410 is a reply to message #219395] Tue, 19 August 2008 09:33 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin Dahyabhai
Messages: 2235
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jean-Noel Rivasseau wrote:
> Are you sure this is #197220? It really does not look like it. This bug
> is for required attributes that are missing; mine is for optional
> attributes (dynamic) that are added to a tag. It also mentions errors,
> whereas I get warnings.

You're correct, it's bug 155969 instead.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=155969

--
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing
IBM Rational


---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP, IBM
Previous Topic:Minimal installation for JSP editing
Next Topic:Java facet version
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jul 28 00:16:17 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02157 seconds