Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout server running under special account
Scout server running under special account [message #1299944] Thu, 17 April 2014 08:07 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

are there ways to run my Scout server application under a special account (I am using Windows / Tomcat). I need this because I need the server application to be able to access certain directories that are restricted for most users.

Regards bertin

Re: Scout server running under special account [message #1302346 is a reply to message #1299944] Fri, 18 April 2014 17:34 Go to previous message
Lukas Huser is currently offline Lukas HuserFriend
Hi Bertin

If you have a Tomcat default installation on Windows, Tomcat is registered as a Windows Service. In the Service properties you can specify the account under which the service is running. By default this is the local system account, but you can change it to any user you like.

Open the Windows Services Console (type "services" in the start menu search field), you should see a service listed as "Apache Tomcat 7" or similar.
Open the Service properties (right click -> Properties), switch to Tab "Log On". Change the logon user from local system account to a specific user and provide username and password.

Alternatively you can access the Service properties via the tomcat7w.exe (note the w in the file name!) from the Tomcat installation folder.

Maybe you find the following links helpful:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms677948%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Lukas
Previous Topic:Parameterising LookupCalls
Next Topic:Permissions on Tomcat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:42:03 GMT 2024