Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » cant get component properties in object mapping mode(Viewing properties for a component in the Object Mapping Mode)
cant get component properties in object mapping mode [message #1298430] Wed, 16 April 2014 08:58 Go to next message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
hallo,

i dont know, maybe im doing something wrong or i missunderstood the description in the manual but i cant get the properties of a component which should be possible with version 8.0 now. i followed the description in "3.18.7 Viewing properties for a component in the Object Mapping Mode" in Functional Testing User Manual but i cant get the properties. maybe someone can help me. i only get this in properties view: (atachment).

i know the table has the property columnOrder but theres no columnOrder or getColumnOrder or something like that in the view.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 April 2014 08:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cant get component properties in object mapping mode [message #1298442 is a reply to message #1298430] Wed, 16 April 2014 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Dominik,

There should be an expandable section in the properties view that says "Property Information", below the context.

If there isn't, maybe it could be one of these things:
- is the AUT pure SWT or is it an RCP application?
- are you sure you're using the correct version of the RCP accessor (especially if you've migrated from 7.2)

Keep us updated
Best regards,
Alex
Re: cant get component properties in object mapping mode [message #1298450 is a reply to message #1298442] Wed, 16 April 2014 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the very fast answer.

As u can see in screenshot above theres no expandable sectionin my view. My AUT is a rcp application. i dont where i can see if i am using the correct version of the RCP accessor. i haven't migrated from 7.2 yet. i just generated a new project to try version 8.0
Re: cant get component properties in object mapping mode [message #1298471 is a reply to message #1298450] Wed, 16 April 2014 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i could fix the problem. i reinstalled my AUT and added the RCP plugins in the fresh installation and now it works.

compliment to the developers. this is a very nice feature that is very veery helpfull.

The only feature i'm still missing is copy and paste this would be epic feature

[Updated on: Wed, 16 April 2014 09:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cant get component properties in object mapping mode [message #1298550 is a reply to message #1298471] Wed, 16 April 2014 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dominik,

I'm glad it's working now, and I'll pass the compliment on Smile

Do you mean copy and paste in general or from the properties view for this feature? Feel free to put an enhancement in!

Best regards,
Alex
Re: cant get component properties in object mapping mode [message #1298563 is a reply to message #1298550] Wed, 16 April 2014 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean copy paste from cases & steps. i often got angry because i had to do work twice or three times instead of copy a step and change a property
Re: cant get component properties in object mapping mode [message #1298601 is a reply to message #1298563] Wed, 16 April 2014 11:25 Go to previous message
Ah, in which case you might want to look at the "refactor" option that lets you take nodes you've used at one place and make a reusable module out of them. You can reference data that will change each time and you can also propagate component names to be able to perform the same actions on different components.

There are some module examples on the testing portal that (amongst other things) show what it looks like when you parameterize data and propagate component names. Maybe that will help reduce the redundant work.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:central data set value ignored
Next Topic:Negative Margin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:07:43 GMT 2024