Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Corona » Problem with the demo setup script
Problem with the demo setup script [message #1785] Fri, 09 February 2007 22:16 Go to next message
Bryan Hunt is currently offline Bryan HuntFriend
Messages: 346
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The demo script does not work properly on OS X. The problem is with
the os conditionals. On OS X, both <os family="mac"> and <os
family="unix"> evaluate to true. The result is that WTP for linux is
downloaded instead of WTP for OS X. I worked around the problem by
deleting the condition <os family="unix">.

Bryan
Re: Problem with the demo setup script [message #1792 is a reply to message #1785] Fri, 09 February 2007 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Hunt is currently offline Bryan HuntFriend
Messages: 346
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I just found a second problem ... in the <target
name="load.mac.properties" ...> unpack.eclipse.task.prefix is set to
"untar.eclipse" which should be "untar"

Bryan


On 2007-02-09 16:16:31 -0600, Bryan Hunt <bhunt@mac.com> said:

> The demo script does not work properly on OS X. The problem is with
> the os conditionals. On OS X, both <os family="mac"> and <os
> family="unix"> evaluate to true. The result is that WTP for linux is
> downloaded instead of WTP for OS X. I worked around the problem by
> deleting the condition <os family="unix">.
>
> Bryan
Re: Problem with the demo setup script [message #1798 is a reply to message #1792] Fri, 09 February 2007 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Hunt is currently offline Bryan HuntFriend
Messages: 346
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
And here is the next problem. The setupCorona.*.plutins.txt is not
compatible with OS X. Whe the files get untar'd, the Eclipse.app
directory is not fully populated on the server install, and the eclipse
link in the root directory (on both the client and server install) does
not point to the binary inside the Eclipse.app directory.

Here is the workadound:

cd install_client/eclipse
rm eclipse
ln -s Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse .
cd ../install_server/eclipse
rmdir Eclipse.app
rm eclipse
cp -R ../../install_client/eclipse/Eclipse.app .
ln -s Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse .

Bryan

On 2007-02-09 16:35:47 -0600, Bryan Hunt <bhunt@mac.com> said:

> I just found a second problem ... in the <target
> name="load.mac.properties" ...> unpack.eclipse.task.prefix is set to
> "untar.eclipse" which should be "untar"
>
> Bryan
>
>
> On 2007-02-09 16:16:31 -0600, Bryan Hunt <bhunt@mac.com> said:
>
>> The demo script does not work properly on OS X. The problem is with
>> the os conditionals. On OS X, both <os family="mac"> and <os
>> family="unix"> evaluate to true. The result is that WTP for linux is
>> downloaded instead of WTP for OS X. I worked around the problem by
>> deleting the condition <os family="unix">.
>>
>> Bryan
Re: Problem with the demo setup script [message #1818 is a reply to message #1798] Mon, 12 February 2007 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis O'Flynn is currently offline Dennis O'FlynnFriend
Messages: 73
Registered: July 2009
Member
Bryan,

Thanks for identifying this problem and posting a workaround. I have
created a Bugzilla item (#173852) to have the the scripted updated.

-Dennis
Re: Problem with the demo setup script [message #1834 is a reply to message #1798] Mon, 26 February 2007 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcin Okraszewski is currently offline Marcin OkraszewskiFriend
Messages: 32
Registered: July 2009
Member
On Friday (Feb 23), we have released next milestone. We probably won't
support the setup script any more but use the Europa (Eclipse 3.3)
update site.

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/europa.php

Note, it may mean that Corona no longer works on Eclipse 3.2, but I
think it still should.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski


Bryan Hunt napisał(a):
> And here is the next problem. The setupCorona.*.plutins.txt is not
> compatible with OS X. Whe the files get untar'd, the Eclipse.app
> directory is not fully populated on the server install, and the eclipse
> link in the root directory (on both the client and server install) does
> not point to the binary inside the Eclipse.app directory.
>
> Here is the workadound:
>
> cd install_client/eclipse
> rm eclipse
> ln -s Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse .
> cd ../install_server/eclipse
> rmdir Eclipse.app
> rm eclipse
> cp -R ../../install_client/eclipse/Eclipse.app .
> ln -s Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse .
>
> Bryan
>
> On 2007-02-09 16:35:47 -0600, Bryan Hunt <bhunt@mac.com> said:
>
>> I just found a second problem ... in the <target
>> name="load.mac.properties" ...> unpack.eclipse.task.prefix is set to
>> "untar.eclipse" which should be "untar"
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>>
>> On 2007-02-09 16:16:31 -0600, Bryan Hunt <bhunt@mac.com> said:
>>
>>> The demo script does not work properly on OS X. The problem is with
>>> the os conditionals. On OS X, both <os family="mac"> and <os
>>> family="unix"> evaluate to true. The result is that WTP for linux is
>>> downloaded instead of WTP for OS X. I worked around the problem by
>>> deleting the condition <os family="unix">.
>>>
>>> Bryan
>
>
>
Re: Problem with the demo setup script [message #1837 is a reply to message #1798] Mon, 26 February 2007 16:51 Go to previous message
Marcin Okraszewski is currently offline Marcin OkraszewskiFriend
Messages: 32
Registered: July 2009
Member
BTW. We do not have any Mac OS X for testing. We put the script for Mac
OS as we expected it should work...

Marcin Okraszewski


Bryan Hunt napisał(a):
> And here is the next problem. The setupCorona.*.plutins.txt is not
> compatible with OS X. Whe the files get untar'd, the Eclipse.app
> directory is not fully populated on the server install, and the eclipse
> link in the root directory (on both the client and server install) does
> not point to the binary inside the Eclipse.app directory.
>
> Here is the workadound:
>
> cd install_client/eclipse
> rm eclipse
> ln -s Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse .
> cd ../install_server/eclipse
> rmdir Eclipse.app
> rm eclipse
> cp -R ../../install_client/eclipse/Eclipse.app .
> ln -s Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse .
>
> Bryan
>
> On 2007-02-09 16:35:47 -0600, Bryan Hunt <bhunt@mac.com> said:
>
>> I just found a second problem ... in the <target
>> name="load.mac.properties" ...> unpack.eclipse.task.prefix is set to
>> "untar.eclipse" which should be "untar"
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>>
>> On 2007-02-09 16:16:31 -0600, Bryan Hunt <bhunt@mac.com> said:
>>
>>> The demo script does not work properly on OS X. The problem is with
>>> the os conditionals. On OS X, both <os family="mac"> and <os
>>> family="unix"> evaluate to true. The result is that WTP for linux is
>>> downloaded instead of WTP for OS X. I worked around the problem by
>>> deleting the condition <os family="unix">.
>>>
>>> Bryan
>
>
>
Previous Topic:Problems with the demo instructioins
Next Topic:Thoughts on corona
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Dec 22 22:59:37 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01824 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software