Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » pluginManagement, extensions versioning issue
pluginManagement, extensions versioning issue [message #21123] Mon, 19 January 2009 11:21 Go to next message
Jesse McConnell is currently offline Jesse McConnell
Messages: 11
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Jetty uses the o.a.felix:maven-bundle-plugin for getting the osgi
manifests in order but lately with the m2e plugin I am getting the
following error for about 20 or so sub-projects (each module declaring
the plugin).


Project build error:Cannot resolve pre-scanned plugin artifact (for use
as an extension): org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin: Failed to
resolve extension plugin:
org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:maven-plugin:RELEASE pom.xml jetty
line 1 Maven Problem


The top level project file declares the version (1.4.0) in the
pluginManagement section but that doesn't seem to matter. There are
some relativePath statements that might be a factor, and then the plugin
declaration also includes <extension>true</extension>

thoughts?

jesse
Re: pluginManagement, extensions versioning issue [message #21140 is a reply to message #21123] Mon, 19 January 2009 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: igor.ifedorenko.com

What jetty version are you building (svn url)? I want try it locally to
see what is going on.

--
Regards,
Igor

Jesse McConnell wrote:
>
> Jetty uses the o.a.felix:maven-bundle-plugin for getting the osgi
> manifests in order but lately with the m2e plugin I am getting the
> following error for about 20 or so sub-projects (each module declaring
> the plugin).
>
>
> Project build error:Cannot resolve pre-scanned plugin artifact (for use
> as an extension): org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin: Failed to
> resolve extension plugin:
> org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:maven-plugin:RELEASE pom.xml
> jetty line 1 Maven Problem
>
>
> The top level project file declares the version (1.4.0) in the
> pluginManagement section but that doesn't seem to matter. There are
> some relativePath statements that might be a factor, and then the plugin
> declaration also includes <extension>true</extension>
>
> thoughts?
>
> jesse
Re: pluginManagement, extensions versioning issue [message #21155 is a reply to message #21140] Mon, 19 January 2009 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse McConnell is currently offline Jesse McConnell
Messages: 11
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Igor, just pull down the 7.0.x one from your plugin dropdown, most of
the modules will be red after materialization.

jesse

Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> What jetty version are you building (svn url)? I want try it locally to
> see what is going on.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Igor
>
> Jesse McConnell wrote:
>>
>> Jetty uses the o.a.felix:maven-bundle-plugin for getting the osgi
>> manifests in order but lately with the m2e plugin I am getting the
>> following error for about 20 or so sub-projects (each module declaring
>> the plugin).
>>
>>
>> Project build error:Cannot resolve pre-scanned plugin artifact (for
>> use as an extension): org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin: Failed to
>> resolve extension plugin:
>> org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:maven-plugin:RELEASE
>> pom.xml jetty line 1 Maven Problem
>>
>>
>> The top level project file declares the version (1.4.0) in the
>> pluginManagement section but that doesn't seem to matter. There are
>> some relativePath statements that might be a factor, and then the
>> plugin declaration also includes <extension>true</extension>
>>
>> thoughts?
>>
>> jesse
Re: pluginManagement, extensions versioning issue [message #21173 is a reply to message #21123] Fri, 23 January 2009 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: lists.remove-me.varnes.remove-me.net

* Jesse McConnell wrote, On 20/01/09 03:21:
>
> Jetty uses the o.a.felix:maven-bundle-plugin for getting the osgi
> manifests in order but lately with the m2e plugin I am getting the
> following error for about 20 or so sub-projects (each module declaring
> the plugin).
>
>
> Project build error:Cannot resolve pre-scanned plugin artifact (for use
> as an extension): org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin: Failed to
> resolve extension plugin:
> org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:maven-plugin:RELEASE pom.xml
> jetty line 1 Maven Problem
>
>
> The top level project file declares the version (1.4.0) in the
> pluginManagement section but that doesn't seem to matter. There are
> some relativePath statements that might be a factor, and then the plugin
> declaration also includes <extension>true</extension>
>
> thoughts?
>
> jesse

I can confirm this as well. If the version of the bundle plugin is
inherited from a parent <pluginManagement>, this problem occurs.

Specifying the version locally is a (unpalatable) work-around.

I have been thinking it is because the bundle plugin is declared
as an extension ?

thanks
davidv
Re: pluginManagement, extensions versioning issue [message #21186 is a reply to message #21173] Fri, 23 January 2009 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse McConnell is currently offline Jesse McConnell
Messages: 11
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
> david varnes wrote:
> I can confirm this as well. If the version of the bundle plugin is
> inherited from a parent <pluginManagement>, this problem occurs.
>
> Specifying the version locally is a (unpalatable) work-around.
>
> I have been thinking it is because the bundle plugin is declared
> as an extension ?

Agreed, that was my suspicion..

> thanks
> davidv
Re: pluginManagement, extensions versioning issue [message #21699 is a reply to message #21186] Sat, 07 February 2009 23:23 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: lists.remove-me.varnes.remove-me.net

* Jesse McConnell wrote, On 24/01/09 07:10:
>> david varnes wrote:
>> I can confirm this as well. If the version of the bundle plugin is
>> inherited from a parent <pluginManagement>, this problem occurs.
>>
>> Specifying the version locally is a (unpalatable) work-around.
>>
>> I have been thinking it is because the bundle plugin is declared
>> as an extension ?
>
> Agreed, that was my suspicion..
>
>> thanks
>> davidv

A search of JIRA brings up quite a few issues with extension related
origins. I am sure the response will be to see if the issues go away
with the merge of an updated 3.x embedder.

In the meantime, responding to Jason's call for voting on issues,
the following issue seems to match our case, you may consider
voting:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-487

regards
davidv
Previous Topic:[tycho-0.3.0-DEV-1983] Issues with product export
Next Topic:[tycho-dev-1819] error while building jar
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Aug 21 22:14:00 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01667 seconds