Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(); failed in eclipse(ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(); failed in eclipse, the error is "cannot access Plugin")
ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(); failed in eclipse [message #1292661] Sat, 12 April 2014 00:56 Go to next message
Tony Jiang is currently offline Tony JiangFriend
I came across a problem while using your java code to incrementally add some more features for EVENT-B.
I tried several days and did not found a solution. Since I have little experience about the Maven mechanism
and some of you have a lot experience in it. May I kindly ask for your help to check whether you know the solution to the
following problem?

I added a new java file named HierarchicalGridEventBGenerator in my project. In this

new java file I try to get the workspace of the current project, as following.

final IWorkspace workspace = ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace();

at first, we use IntelliJ IDE and got some error like "Workspace closed". We thought there was no workspace in the IntelliJ IDE.
Therefore, we switched to eclipse IDE which definitely has workspace. But In the eclipse we have one more problem.
In the beginning, we just simply added the org.eclipse.core.resources jar to the Maven project dependency. It did not work.
And we also tried many other solutions after then. Like try to change the POM file etc, but all the solutions failed. The final
error is like this "error: cannot access Plugin". I just confused. Is it because we need a eclipse plug in project to access the
"ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace()" function but we used the maven project ? Or we configure something wrong? Could somebody give us some guidance? Any kind of hints would be greatly appreciated since I am stuck now and could not move on
for the project. Thanks a lot for your time and attention for reading this.

The error info is just "cannot access Plugin"
Re: ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(); failed in eclipse [message #1292662 is a reply to message #1292661] Sat, 12 April 2014 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any kind of help or hint will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Re: ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(); failed in eclipse [message #1293202 is a reply to message #1292662] Sat, 12 April 2014 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 04/11/2014 06:57 PM, Tony Jiang wrote:
> Any kind of help or hint will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

It's the weekend, you may need to be patient. However, you'll likely
want to ask this in the Eclipse PDE (plug-in development) forum.
Re: ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(); failed in eclipse [message #1294463 is a reply to message #1293202] Sun, 13 April 2014 13:36 Go to previous message
Thanks I can try in the PDE.
Previous Topic:Eclipse - hide/open blocks
Next Topic:Platform Help, Info Center work OK, Standalone does not
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:13:25 GMT 2024