Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Custom Types and Compiler Features(IDE Customisation (C/C++))
icon5.gif  Custom Types and Compiler Features [message #1292113] Fri, 11 April 2014 14:29
Rob Lowe is currently offline Rob LoweFriend
Hi Folks,

I have today installed a copy of Eclipse, I have resisted for many years but today I caved in and decided to try again. Largely it seems to have gone as well as can be expected given I don't use gcc, or any mainstream tools and the native toolset is mostly problematic.

However, I can navigate the code and launch my compiler externally. I don't seem to be able to find how to add a definition for a compiler specific resource though. I have for example got several processor resources that are names "pin" or "flag" for example, they are not recognised and come up as a syntax error. I also have 24 bit data, which is declared as a native 24 bit type, but I don't see where I can add this...

Currently my best option seems to be to define a header file that isn't used for anything except to keep Eclipse happy. What is the proper way of porting the IDE to support custom types defined in the toolset rather than the code base?

Cheers

Rob
Previous Topic:"Insert spaces for tabs" does not work!
Next Topic:Executeable file Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:06:36 GMT 2024