Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Warning of "invalid line number"(179 is not a valid line number in com.xxx.myVelocity)
Warning of "invalid line number" [message #1291047] Thu, 10 April 2014 17:13 Go to next message
yang jinhua is currently offline yang jinhuaFriend
Hi,I met a strange problem in eclipse, can anyone help me ? thank you .

Description:
I run a web application on my pc, and a error occurs on console.But when i click the java file where errors happen, I get a warn of :

179 is not a valid line number in com.xxx.myVelocity.

and open a window of myVelocity.class, and show source not found message. But I am sure com.xxx.myVelocity does exist in my project. why eclipse cannot find it ?

if anyone have met this problem, please tell me how you solved it. And can anyone tell me in which case this may happen ?

thanks.

• Attachment: eclipse.PNG
    (Size: 19.37KB, Downloaded 179 times)
Re: Warning of "invalid line number" [message #1291106 is a reply to message #1291047] Thu, 10 April 2014 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the Newcomers forum.
Re: Warning of "invalid line number" [message #1297701 is a reply to message #1291106] Tue, 15 April 2014 21:32 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It sounds like the web application is not tied, through Eclipse, to the project containing the com.xxx.myVelocity source. Such a relationship should have transferred to the launching of the web app from Eclipse, and helped to find the source file.

And is there a line 179?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Getting Started with Gun and Camera
Next Topic:error with starting ESB project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:58:57 GMT 2024