Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Store multiple values in a Variable(How to store a list of values from a table into an array/variable using Jubula?)
Store multiple values in a Variable [message #1290062] Wed, 09 April 2014 22:11 Go to next message
Ram Kudaravalli is currently offline Ram KudaravalliFriend
For ex, I've a table where I want to read values from row 1 to 5 for a particular column and store it in a variable. Is it possible to store it one variable? I need to use these values in other test cases as input.

Thanks, Ram
Re: Store multiple values in a Variable [message #1290490 is a reply to message #1290062] Thu, 10 April 2014 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Ram,

Our variables don't support arrays, but you could write yourself a function to append new values to the variable. We have a set of functions out of the box (see the chapter in the user manual on test data) and you can write your own (see the extension manual for more details). Perhaps something along these lines can help you.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Store multiple values in a Variable [message #1314893 is a reply to message #1290490] Fri, 25 April 2014 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
You can append new data (comma-delimited, for example) to the existing value of a variable, but then the problem would be parsing the individual values back out of that string. Likewise, you can use parameters in a variable name when storing a value in it, but then there is no corresponding way to reference the value; all variable names must be completely literal when they are referenced.

Is the test structured such that you can store each value and use it in the other test cases one at a time, or do all 5 of the values need to be stored at once?
Re: Store multiple values in a Variable [message #1403630 is a reply to message #1314893] Thu, 24 July 2014 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ram Kudaravalli is currently offline Ram KudaravalliFriend
David, A particular Column value from each row of a table need to stored into a variable on the current screen which has to be used in next screen search criteria or table validation.
Thanks, Ram
Re: Store multiple values in a Variable [message #1404109 is a reply to message #1403630] Tue, 29 July 2014 16:16 Go to previous message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
So there are an arbitrary number of rows, and you need to store a value from each one all together. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a way to do this. Since you know that the number of rows is 5 in this case, You could store the values in 5 different variables, but then you would have to deal with each of the 5 variables individually, which is not an ideal situation.
Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Previous Topic:Out of memory while writing test result report
Next Topic:File is inconclusive
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:05:35 GMT 2024