Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Profile not recognized in ETL when started from standalone plug-in
Profile not recognized in ETL when started from standalone plug-in [message #1284680] Fri, 04 April 2014 19:22 Go to next message
Alexander Fülleborn is currently offline Alexander FüllebornFriend
Hello Dimitris,

this message relates to another message I created earlier last month. However, I was not able to add data there. Sorry for having bothered you with too many details ;-(. I am sorry. In the meantime, I did a little process. At least, the plug-in does not throw any exceptions any more and starts the ETL code. However, not the whole ETL is performed. It seems that it has to do with the profile assignment, as my test results point to this.

Therefore, I now focus on some excerpts of the code that I politely ask you to look at. Here is the method where I create my models, including the profile model - as you suggested already earlier:

private List<IModel> getModels() throws Exception {
List<IModel> models = new ArrayList<IModel>();
File db = getPatternDatabase();
File profile = getProfile();
EPackage.Registry.INSTANCE.
put(UMLPackage.eNS_URI, UMLPackage.eINSTANCE);
System.err.println(UMLPackage.eNS_URI);
System.err.println(selectedModelPath);
System.err.println(db.getAbsolutePath());
models.add(createEmfModel(
"Source",
selectedModelPath,
"file:/"+profile,
true,
true,
false
));
"Target",
db.getAbsolutePath(),
true,
false,
true
));
"Profile",
profile.getAbsolutePath(),
"http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML",
false,
true,
false //true
));
"TrafoTraceModel",
db.getAbsolutePath(),
true,
false,
true
));
return models;
}

Even if I refer to the model "Profile" in my ETL, it is not recognized, as most of the transformations are not performed due to mismatch of stereotype checks.

Do you have an idea what else I need to do? Is there any "interim step" I still need to do, e.g. create the profile also in the launch config (however, I do not use the launch environment, as I start my etl from a standalone java plug-in)?

As this issue prevents me to do any further work, it is quite urgent. Hence, it would be great if you answered it asap.

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards, Alexander
Re: Profile not recognized in ETL when started from standalone plug-in [message #1285144 is a reply to message #1284680] Sat, 05 April 2014 07:39 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alexander,

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest trying to use UmlModel instead of EmfModel. If that doesn't work it'd be great if you could put together a minimal example I can use to reproduce this. I understand that I may be sounding like a broken record with my requests for "minimal examples" but it's really important to try to reduce the example down to its bare minimum (hopefully, to demonstrate the problem you should only need the UML profile file and a Java class with a short main method that only tries to load the Profile model and poke it with EOL).

Cheers,
Dimitris

Previous Topic:[URGENT] Help Me Please
Next Topic:Create connection between two classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:59:24 GMT 2024