Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problems in using MARTE NFPs with Papyrus 0.10
Problems in using MARTE NFPs with Papyrus 0.10 [message #1284565] Fri, 04 April 2014 16:16 Go to next message
Matteo M. is currently offline Matteo M.Friend
Hello,

I experiencing severe problems in applying types in MARTE_Library/BasicNFP_Types to attributes of my stereotypes. I have this problem since the first upgrade i made to Papyrus 0.10, time ago. I've already described these issues in an old post here:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1168538/#msg_1168538

I recently upgraded to Papyrus Kepler SR2a, according to this post: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/662007/

But at today, I'm still not able to create stereotypes with attributes having a type from MARTE_Library/BasicNFP_Types (e.g. NFP_Duration).

I attached a very minimal example that reproduces the problem. Try to save and define the profile. When I do this, I always get a "Profile definition failed" error.

Is someone else experiencing this problem? Is it a bug? Is someone working to fix it?

I'm getting really frustrated and hope someone can shed some light on this.

Regards,

--
Matteo

[Updated on: Fri, 04 April 2014 16:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems in using MARTE NFPs with Papyrus 0.10 [message #1295402 is a reply to message #1284565] Mon, 14 April 2014 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo M. is currently offline Matteo M.Friend
Any advice on this? This is the screenshot that shows what happens when I try to save and define my profile

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7oal541uq1pu73h/marteNfpFails.png?dl=1&token_hash=AAH3tLpWkPDIO5_fqCkobvu3RYvuHMM9ClUTQaL1W-J3_A
Re: Problems in using MARTE NFPs with Papyrus 0.10 [message #1599204 is a reply to message #1295402] Tue, 03 February 2015 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fernando Herrera is currently offline Fernando HerreraFriend
Has there been a fix on this issue? I am experiencing the very same problem with Eclipse Luna. It is really limiting.

Best!

Fernando
Re: Problems in using MARTE NFPs with Papyrus 0.10 [message #1611792 is a reply to message #1599204] Wed, 11 February 2015 16:12 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

The Marte profile/library in Papyrus contains some errors. Since Kepler, Papyrus prevents definition of profiles with error, to avoid crashes when the invalid profile is applied.

You can bypass this validation by using the Eclipse/UML2 editor, and define your profile there (Using the menu "UML Editor > Profile > Define"). The profile can then be deployed and applied in Papyrus.

The right solution would of course to fix the issues in the Marte profile/library directly, but nobody's working on this profile ATM, so it is unlikely to happen.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:No table context menu after SR1a update?
Next Topic:Hide/show multiple elements at once
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:01:19 GMT 2024