Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Question: Eclipse Help search(How does Eclipse Help search work?)
Question: Eclipse Help search [message #1277230] Tue, 25 March 2014 17:52
Dan Purnell is currently offline Dan PurnellFriend
I have a some questions regarding the Eclipse Help search feature. I am new to Eclipse, so I hope I am posting to the right forum.

1. How does Eclipse Help search determine the order in which the search results are displayed? Or rather, what algorithm does it use to search for topics? The order of results isn't immediately obvious when running a test search in our help documentation.

2. Can I confirm that when running a search for the first time, help topics are indexed based on the topics that appear in the .xml eclipse table of contents file (i.e., the Eclipse help tree)? I ask because I noticed while building documentation in Eclipse help that html help topics which are accessible by hyperlink within the documentation but are not listed in the toc.xml file do not appear in search results.

3. Finally, related to question 2, is there a way to make a topic which does not appear in the help tree accessible in search?

I hope I have asked these questions clearly. I would be grateful for any help anyone can provide. Thank you!
Previous Topic:why no update/download over https? security risk?
Next Topic:Eclipse For Java 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:04:02 GMT 2024