Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMFForms][RAP] No render found
[EMFForms][RAP] No render found [message #1274509] Fri, 21 March 2014 11:23 Go to next message
Phil Wim is currently offline Phil Wim
Hi there,

i try to use EMFForms in my RAP app. I created a "task" object of example model makeithappen. Than I'm passing the object to
ECPSWTViewRenderer.INSTANCE.render

When I open the view I get a NoRendererFoundException.

org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.spi.renderer.: No renderer for View found.
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.spi.swt.SWTRendererFactory.render(SWTRendererFactory.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.internal.swt.ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.render(ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.internal.swt.ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.render(ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.internal.swt.ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.render(ECPSWTViewRendererImpl.java:44)

Any ideas?
Re: [EMFForms][RAP] No render found [message #1274528 is a reply to message #1274509] Fri, 21 March 2014 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now i played with my included bundles. I added all bundles with no validation issues to my launch conf. Now i receive: java.lang.NullPointerException: A null service reference is not allowed.

I'm kind of lost in all these bundles. What bundles do I need to run EMFForms in my RAP app? Is EMFForms working with RAP at all?
Re: [EMFForms][RAP] No render found [message #1274535 is a reply to message #1274528] Fri, 21 March 2014 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen Neufeld
Hi Phil,
yes EMFForms is working on RAP.
Which version of ECP are you using?
Can you paste your exception here?

Cheers,
Eugen
Re: [EMFForms][RAP] No render found [message #1275719 is a reply to message #1274535] Sun, 23 March 2014 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Eugen,

thanks for your quick answer. I'm using ecp 1.2.1. Now I try it by feature selection. Can you tell me which features I need for rap approach?

Thanks in advance
Philippe
Re: [EMFForms][RAP] No render found [message #1276316 is a reply to message #1275719] Mon, 24 March 2014 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen Neufeld
Hi Phil,
you most probably checked out the ECP source code. Thus there should be a project called org.eclipse.emf.ecp.releng . In this project there should be a file called ecpDevelopmentDemo.launch . You can use this to launch a RAP application.

If you want to try to setup an own launch config based on features, I would start by selecting the org.eclipse.rap.equinox.target.feature and the org.eclipse.emf.ecp.rap.feature and org.eclipse.emf.ecp.rap.util.feature. After that press "Select Required". You most probably will also need the org.eclipse.emf.edit feature.

Nevertheless I would suggest to using the pre-configured launch config.

Cheers,
Eugen
Re: [EMFForms][RAP] No render found [message #1276949 is a reply to message #1275719] Tue, 25 March 2014 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas Helming
Hi Phil,

do you only use EMF Forms, or also ECP?

Regards

Jonas

Am 23.03.2014 15:04, schrieb Phil Wim:
> Hi Eugen,
>
> thanks for your quick answer. I'm using ecp 1.2.1. Now I try it by
> feature selection. Can you tell me which features I need for rap approach?
> Thanks in advance
> Philippe
>
Re: [EMFForms][RAP] No render found [message #1277040 is a reply to message #1276316] Tue, 25 March 2014 07:56 Go to previous message
Hi Eugen,

i finally got it working. Thanks for the starting point.

Cheers Philippe
Previous Topic:[EMFStore] cross-project references
Next Topic:ECP Not able to execute Example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 24 19:06:59 EDT 2014