Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Invalid Win32 Program with Eclipse Kepler and MinGW
icon4.gif  Invalid Win32 Program with Eclipse Kepler and MinGW [message #1273243] Wed, 19 March 2014 19:29 Go to next message
Bob Lane is currently offline Bob LaneFriend
I am using Eclipse Kepler with a C++ program and can successfully compile and link the program. I receive the message "Error creating process (error 193)" when I try to run it. When I run the program from Windows, it says that the executable is not a valid Win32 program.

I do have the Hello World program compiled and running both in and out of the debugger.

I am using the latest MinGW environment. The program does compile, link, and execute outside of Eclipse. I have checked the various paths and files used during compiling and executing both in and out of Eclipse. The only significant thing I see is that the compilation outside of Eclipse produces an assembler output when compiling the main program and then runs the assembler on that temporary output.

I am sure there is other information that is relevant, so please ask if you have any questions. I've been stuck on this for a while.
Re: Invalid Win32 Program with Eclipse Kepler and MinGW [message #1278046 is a reply to message #1273243] Wed, 26 March 2014 20:48 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
This error message might appear when your program does not find the mingw.dll that is needed.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:The execution of a Program in Eclipse IDE returns different results compared to a stand-alone execut
Next Topic:That old "Hello World!"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:06:24 GMT 2024