Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Licease transfer/upgrade?(Running Eclipse - IBM Rational 7.0.0.7 on XP box need to migrate to 64 bit Windows 7)
Licease transfer/upgrade? [message #1273107] Wed, 19 March 2014 14:25 Go to next message
john mattila is currently offline john mattilaFriend
I'm running Eclipse - IBM Rational 7.0.0.7 (java) on a XP box. Our copmany is sundowning XP as of April 1. I need to migrated eclipes to a 64 bit windows 7 box and transfer the licease. I realize I most likely will have to upgrade to a newer version of Eclipse.

I had a test version of Eclipe - IBM Rational 7.0 installed on the 64 bit windows 7 box. I had some issues trying to get the Eclipse running.

The XP box was working, so I just continued using the XP box. Now when I go into the 64 bit windows version, I get the Licease key check failed.

Could someone help me out with what version of eclipse I'll need to download for the 64 bit windows 7 box, and how to tranfer my licease from xp box?

My co-worker, Garry Espe, used to handle all the communications, and configuration on Eclipse. Unfortunately, Garry passed away a couple weeks ago. I'm just a Java developer who gets to now learn a whole lot more about eclipse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Mattila
CHS Inc
5500 Cenex Drive
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077

john.mattila@chsinc.com
651 355 6184

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2014 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Licease transfer/upgrade? [message #1273109 is a reply to message #1273107] Wed, 19 March 2014 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

There's no Eclipse version 7.0 as of yet. You may have confused this site with another product's site that, perhaps, uses a confusingly similar name, and requires a special license of some sort other than the Open Source EPL.

My condolences on your loss.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2014 14:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Licease transfer/upgrade? [message #1273113 is a reply to message #1273109] Wed, 19 March 2014 14:34 Go to previous message
john mattila is currently offline john mattilaFriend
Sorry about that. I looked at the help --> About in IBM Rational Application Developer.
I maybe need to contact IBM Rational. Your website is mentioned in their Help --> About.
Previous Topic:A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
Next Topic:Java Reflection problem in Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:01:33 GMT 2024