Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Group By in RTC JAZZ Queries for BIRT reports(Eliminating duplicate entries)
Group By in RTC JAZZ Queries for BIRT reports [message #1273070] Wed, 19 March 2014 12:51 Go to next message
Artur Philipp is currently offline Artur PhilippFriend
Hi,

I'm new to RTC, BIRT and JAZZ. I'm trying to create a report which summarizes all workitems grouped by their status. My Datasource is a JAZZ Datasource. Therefore I used the table "LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT" from the "Workitem Snapshot" and tried to do an inner join with the table "STATE" on the column "STATE".

My problem is that the table "STATE" contains duplicated row entries which only differ in their "REQUEST_STATE_ID" but have the same "STATE". After joining the tables the result set also contains duplicated rows. That means, that every workitem in "LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT" is combined with the two entries in the "STATE" table.

How can I avoid this behavior? Or how can I eliminate the duplicated rows?
I tried a SQL-like query with "SELECT DISTINCT" which is not supported for JAZZ data source queries.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance and best regards
Artur
Re: Group By in RTC JAZZ Queries for BIRT reports [message #1282194 is a reply to message #1273070] Wed, 02 April 2014 01:15 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Would filtering out the duplicate row be an option? Another option could be to create a scripted dataset and do the join yourself. Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:BIRT Viewer Toolkit UI Customization
Next Topic:How to include jsp header in the report?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:11:29 GMT 2024