Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » ECP Not able to execute Example
ECP Not able to execute Example [message #1272284] Mon, 17 March 2014 14:48 Go to next message
Annamalai Chockalingam is currently offline Annamalai ChockalingamFriend
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello There

I am evaluating ECP for my use. I followed the steps as mentioned below

Downloaded Luna Modelling Framework.
Installed ECP 1.2.x plugins thru Install New Software
Created Own Model Ecore, generated the Model and Edit Code.
Created a Run Configuration with *.ecp.e3.demo.application
And Ran the application

I could see the Model Explorer, Repository View and the Editor Area.
I right clicked on the Model Explorer, created a New Project
I then right clicked on the newly created Project and added a New Model Element
On addition, i expected the ECP Form Editor to open up. But nothing really happened.

Looking into my log, i found the following log.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui 4 0 2014-03-17 19:07:57.421
!MESSAGE null argument:
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:73)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.showPart(PartServiceImpl.java:1026)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ApplicationPartServiceImpl.showPart(ApplicationPartServiceImpl.java:111)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.application.e4.editor.E4ModelElementOpener.openModelElement(E4ModelElementOpener.java:59)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.internal.ui.util.ECPHandlerHelper.openModelElement(ECPHandlerHelper.java:445)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.views.ModelExplorerView$DoubleClickListener.doubleClick(ModelExplorerView.java:86)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:845)

Not sure what was wrong. Therefore repeated the steps with Kepler. But even with Kepler got the same output and same exception.

Looking for some support to get started with ECP.

Regards
Malai
Re: ECP Not able to execute Example [message #1272492 is a reply to message #1272284] Tue, 18 March 2014 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 479
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Did you create the run configuration as described in the tutorial? It
seems that the e4 demo application is also part of your config...

Am 17.03.2014 15:48, schrieb Annamalai Chockalingam:
> Hello There
>
> I am evaluating ECP for my use. I followed the steps as mentioned below
>
> Downloaded Luna Modelling Framework.
> Installed ECP 1.2.x plugins thru Install New Software
> Created Own Model Ecore, generated the Model and Edit Code.
> Created a Run Configuration with *.ecp.e3.demo.application
> And Ran the application
>
> I could see the Model Explorer, Repository View and the Editor Area.
> I right clicked on the Model Explorer, created a New Project
> I then right clicked on the newly created Project and added a New Model
> Element
> On addition, i expected the ECP Form Editor to open up. But nothing
> really happened.
>
> Looking into my log, i found the following log.
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui 4 0 2014-03-17 19:07:57.421
> !MESSAGE null argument:
> !STACK 0
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:73)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.showPart(PartServiceImpl.java:1026)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ApplicationPartServiceImpl.showPart(ApplicationPartServiceImpl.java:111)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecp.application.e4.editor.E4ModelElementOpener.openModelElement(E4ModelElementOpener.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecp.internal.ui.util.ECPHandlerHelper.openModelElement(ECPHandlerHelper.java:445)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecp.ui.views.ModelExplorerView$DoubleClickListener.doubleClick(ModelExplorerView.java:86)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:845)
>
> Not sure what was wrong. Therefore repeated the steps with Kepler. But
> even with Kepler got the same output and same exception.
>
> Looking for some support to get started with ECP.
>
> Regards
> Malai
Re: ECP Not able to execute Example [message #1272497 is a reply to message #1272284] Tue, 18 March 2014 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Annamalai Chockalingam is currently offline Annamalai ChockalingamFriend
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2009
Member
I hav a configuration that i received from Max and also my configuration.
They all have 28features included and i dnt see e4 demo application as part of it.
Therefore to me it looks like i have definitely not included the e4 demo application.

I am attaching the launch configuration for your review.
[FIXED] ECP Not able to execute Example [message #1272522 is a reply to message #1272497] Tue, 18 March 2014 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Annamalai Chockalingam is currently offline Annamalai ChockalingamFriend
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2009
Member
Fixed : I re did all the configurations and it started working but in KEPLER and not in JUNO. I tried to do the same steps but didnt work in JUNO as reported in Bugzilla.
Thanks Jonas.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2014 05:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ECP Not able to execute Example [message #1273264 is a reply to message #1272522] Wed, 19 March 2014 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 479
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 18.03.2014 06:17, schrieb Annamalai Chockalingam:
> Fixed : I re did all the configurations and it started working but in
> KEPLER and not in JUNO. I tried to do the same steps but didnt work in
> JUNO as reported in Bugzilla.
> Thanks Jonas.


Do you need to use Juno?
Re: ECP Not able to execute Example [message #1277980 is a reply to message #1273264] Wed, 26 March 2014 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Annamalai Chockalingam is currently offline Annamalai ChockalingamFriend
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2009
Member
Mistyped Luna as Juno. It didnt work on Luna though.
Re: ECP Not able to execute Example [message #1278417 is a reply to message #1277980] Thu, 27 March 2014 10:01 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 479
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 26.03.2014 19:46, schrieb Annamalai Chockalingam:
> Mistyped Luna as Juno. It didnt work on Luna though.

May I ask you to create a BR and attach the run config to it?

Thanks

Jonas
Previous Topic:[EMFStore] cross-project references
Next Topic:ECP Editor not showing Volatile or Transient EAttributes
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Nov 25 23:37:47 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05629 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software