|StoryCloud, Inc - Looking for Java Developer [message #1270167]
||Wed, 12 March 2014 15:36
| Michael Tracy
Registered: March 2014
Position: Java Web Developer |
As a Java web developer you will be working closely with the VP of Engineering to design and implement our API layer, the point of contact for apps to our cloud-based operating system. Everything you do at StoryCloud will form the base for apps using our platform including our own. Some early expectations for this layer include: permissions should be arbitrarily fine-grained and completely under user control; content should be sharable via the most popular social networks; both internal and 3rd party apps should have equal access to the API. Is that something you can do?
We cannot overstate the importance to of a quality API to the usability of our system. A clean API is pleasing to use and encourage developers to write apps for our platform. An organized API feels obvious, not arbitrary. A good API design will allow us to grow our feature set indefinitely. At StoryCloud you can be a shepherd of cleanliness and quality and order.
Since this project is at an early stage so you will have a large influence on the overall architecture of the StoryCloud platform. Your reasoned thoughts about internet-scale system design will always find a receptive audience.
- 4+ years of Java development
- RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience developing large, consumer-facing web applications with one of the major Java web frameworks
- Comfortable with Linux system administration
- Bash shell scripting
- Version control, especially git
- Concern for data security
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience with the Jersey web framework
- Experience with Hadoop and HBase
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Route53)
- Web or mobile development experience
- Knowledge of SQL and at least one relational database system
- Experience with i18n and l10n
- Highly competitive salary
- Chance to join a company at the beginning and have a real impact on product direction and design
- Flexible work schedule (1-2 days/week remote okay)
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- Stock options
- Vacation time
- Free laptop
Who We Are
StoryCloud's mission is to become the leading provider of cloud-based operating systems. Our proprietary and patented cloud OS empowers people to take control of their digital lives on any device, everywhere.
By combining advanced functionality, visual search, data protection, storage, and permission-based access, StoryCloud offers its customers a way to connect with the internet on their own terms. StoryCloud is integrated with all our customers' favorite websites and mobile applications, which makes using our solutions easy, intuitive, and immediately beneficial to our users.
Our ongoing commitment is to set a new standard for consumer and business internet interaction. To bring enterprise grade data security and control to your family, organization, and business without the usual IT challenges and hassles. We see StoryCloud as an insulating layer between your most valuable digital assets and an oft-chaotic internet.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include links to public source-code repositories. Superior candidates will hear back from us within 48 hours.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.05495 seconds