Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Editing composition
[EMF Forms] Editing composition [message #1269183] Tue, 11 March 2014 13:45 Go to next message
Goulwen Le Fur is currently offline Goulwen Le FurFriend
Hi,

I tried to define a control to edit a composition (a EReference "many" in my case but I think my problem is also available for "single" EReference).

First, I couldn't select the feature in the feature Path Domain Model Reference, an error in the selection dialog specified that I couldn't choose a feature PropertyDescriptor.

Then, I tried to set the feature to "Editable" in my genmodel, in order to generate the associated PropertyDescriptor. This time, I could select the feature, but the produced widget doesn't work very well (unable to create a new element, and exception in sorte unstable cases).

Is there any way to edit a composition with EMF Forms ?

--
Thanks
Re: [EMF Forms] Editing composition [message #1269187 is a reply to message #1269183] Tue, 11 March 2014 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I made a mistake, what I think was a invalid state is in fact a problem with my metamodel.

I have a kind of elements causing NPE. Here is the exceptions I encounter:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.ecp.editor.e3.MEEditorInput.equals(MEEditorInput.java:95)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.util.Util.equals(Util.java:372)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.checkActivePart(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.checkActivePart(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:297)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider$2.windowDeactivated(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:270)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$12.run(Workbench.java:1014)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.fireWindowDeactivated(Workbench.java:1012)

Any idea what's wrong with my (very simple) metamodel ?

Thanks
Re: [EMF Forms] Editing composition [message #1269218 is a reply to message #1269187] Tue, 11 March 2014 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi,
could you please paste the full stacktrace? There should be more Exceptions in the stacktrace, as the one you are showing is only the last one.

Cheers,
Eugen
Re: [EMF Forms] Editing composition [message #1270569 is a reply to message #1269218] Thu, 13 March 2014 06:47 Go to previous message
Hi,

The problem was due to an EOperation not implemented.
I'm just surprised that I didn't find the UnsupportedOperationException in the stack trace...

Thanks

Previous Topic:[Ecore Tools] Outline Model Navigator Empty
Next Topic:[EMF Forms] ReferenceService not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:00:37 GMT 2024