Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » How to refer to UML profile within ETL module
How to refer to UML profile within ETL module [message #1268527] Mon, 10 March 2014 12:22 Go to next message
Alexander Fülleborn is currently offline Alexander Fülleborn
Hello all,

I created an Eclipse plug-in that calls an ETL module. I need to refer to the UML profile that I created in the plug-in from my ETL module. How can I do this? For the source and target models, I have the Source and Target aliases. But for the profile I do not have such a variable.

Thanks for any valuable hint.

Kind regards, Alexander
Re: How to refer to UML profile within ETL module [message #1268715 is a reply to message #1268527] Mon, 10 March 2014 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris Kolovos
Hi Alexander,

Could you please elaborate on this a bit more?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: How to refer to UML profile within ETL module [message #1269042 is a reply to message #1268715] Tue, 11 March 2014 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

yes, sorry, of course I can give you more details. Please find attached my plug-in ressources. Within the ETL module "ProPGen_PCM2PCP_Transformation.etl" I refer a couple of times to "Profile", in order to e.g. get applied stereotypes, as they are relevant for my transformation. However, this does not really work, as in the plug-in BaseHandler.java source, I only use a profile to create the Source and Target emf models, but I do not explicitly create a profile model that I can refer to in my ETL module. Hence, I am missing a means to refer to a profile within my ETL module.

Hope these explanations are sufficient to make my point clear. If not, please do not hesitate to ask further Wink.

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards, Alexander
Re: How to refer to UML profile within ETL module [message #1269841 is a reply to message #1269042] Wed, 12 March 2014 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris Kolovos
Hi Alexander,

Have you tried adding a 3rd UML model called "Profile" to the launch configuration and pointing it at your profile UML file?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: How to refer to UML profile within ETL module [message #1273663 is a reply to message #1269841] Thu, 20 March 2014 06:43 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris,

I have tried to do so. However, now my plug-in terminates with exceptions that seem to relate to the profile issue. In the following, I listed the log/console output and I attached also a zip file with the plug-in project.

Log/console output:

!SESSION 2014-03-20 11:38:38.375 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20130204-1200
java.version=1.7.0_25
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide
Command-line arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Sandra\Eigene Dateien\Forschung Alex\runtime-EclipseApplication -dev file:C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/Sandra/Eigene Dateien/Forschung Alex/ProPMan - Problem-oriented Pattern Management/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Eclipse Application/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2014-03-20 11:38:51.437
!MESSAGE Warning: EGit couldn't detect the installation path "gitPrefix" of native Git. Hence EGit can't respect system level
Git settings which might be configured in ${gitPrefix}/etc/gitconfig under the native Git installation directory.
The most important of these settings is core.autocrlf. Git for Windows by default sets this parameter to true in
this system level configuration. The Git installation location can be configured on the
Team > Git > Configuration preference page's 'System Settings' tab.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2014-03-20 11:38:51.453
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'U:\'. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.
L/ProPMan/Model_9113920602169.uml
class org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File
bundleresource://976.fwk16359490:2/res/Model_Fowler.uml
http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML
Source
Target
TrafoTraceModel
Internal error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PackageOperations.applyProfile[PackageOperations.java:583]
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PackageImpl.applyProfile[PackageImpl.java:1072]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0[Native Method]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke[Unknown Source]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke[Unknown Source]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke[Unknown Source]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod[ReflectionUtil.java:187]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod[ReflectionUtil.java:163]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.executeOperation[PointExecutor.java:174]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute[PointExecutor.java:89]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute[PointExecutor.java:49]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute[PointExecutor.java:104]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST[ExecutorFactory.java:190]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST[ExecutorFactory.java:160]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.StatementBlockExecutor.execute[StatementBlockExecutor.java:26]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST[ExecutorFactory.java:190]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.executeSuperRulesAndBody[TransformRule.java:279]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.transform[TransformRule.java:215]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.executeTransformations[FastTransformationStrategy.java:165]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.transformModels[FastTransformationStrategy.java:157]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.EtlModule.execute[EtlModule.java:126]
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler.executeEtl[BaseHandler.java:226]
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler$1.run[BaseHandler.java:303]
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run[Worker.java:53]
(C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Sandra\Eigene Dateien\Forschung Alex\ProPMan - Problem-oriented Pattern Management\de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo\res\ProPGen_PCM2PCP_Transformation.etl@30:14)
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PackageOperations.applyProfile(PackageOperations.java:583)
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PackageImpl.applyProfile(PackageImpl.java:1072)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod(ReflectionUtil.java:187)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod(ReflectionUtil.java:163)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.executeOperation(PointExecutor.java:174)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:89)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:49)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:104)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:190)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:160)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.StatementBlockExecutor.execute(StatementBlockExecutor.java:26)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:190)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.executeSuperRulesAndBody(TransformRule.java:279)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.transform(TransformRule.java:215)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.executeTransformations(FastTransformationStrategy.java:165)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.transformModels(FastTransformationStrategy.java:157)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.EtlModule.execute(EtlModule.java:126)
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler.executeEtl(BaseHandler.java:226)
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler$1.run(BaseHandler.java:303)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
... 24 more
L/ProPMan/Profile_13189844566019.profile.uml
class org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File
bundleresource://976.fwk16359490:2/res/Model_Fowler.uml
http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/4.0.0/UML
Source
Target
TrafoTraceModel
Internal error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PackageOperations.applyProfile[PackageOperations.java:583]
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PackageImpl.applyProfile[PackageImpl.java:1072]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0[Native Method]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke[Unknown Source]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke[Unknown Source]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke[Unknown Source]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod[ReflectionUtil.java:187]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod[ReflectionUtil.java:163]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.executeOperation[PointExecutor.java:174]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute[PointExecutor.java:89]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute[PointExecutor.java:49]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute[PointExecutor.java:104]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST[ExecutorFactory.java:160]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.StatementBlockExecutor.execute[StatementBlockExecutor.java:26]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.executeSuperRulesAndBody[TransformRule.java:279]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.transform[TransformRule.java:215]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.executeTransformations[FastTransformationStrategy.java:165]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.transformModels[FastTransformationStrategy.java:157]
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.EtlModule.execute[EtlModule.java:126]
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler.executeEtl[BaseHandler.java:226]
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler$1.run[BaseHandler.java:303]
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run[Worker.java:53]
(C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Sandra\Eigene Dateien\Forschung Alex\ProPMan - Problem-oriented Pattern Management\de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo\res\ProPGen_PCM2PCP_Transformation.etl@30:14)
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.operations.PackageOperations.applyProfile(PackageOperations.java:583)
at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.internal.impl.PackageImpl.applyProfile(PackageImpl.java:1072)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod(ReflectionUtil.java:187)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.util.ReflectionUtil.executeMethod(ReflectionUtil.java:163)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.executeOperation(PointExecutor.java:174)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:89)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:49)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.PointExecutor.execute(PointExecutor.java:104)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:160)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.StatementBlockExecutor.execute(StatementBlockExecutor.java:26)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.executeSuperRulesAndBody(TransformRule.java:279)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.TransformRule.transform(TransformRule.java:215)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.executeTransformations(FastTransformationStrategy.java:165)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.strategy.FastTransformationStrategy.transformModels(FastTransformationStrategy.java:157)
at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.EtlModule.execute(EtlModule.java:126)
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler.executeEtl(BaseHandler.java:226)
at de.uni.due.swe.propman.propgen.pcm2pcptrafo.handler.BaseHandler$1.run(BaseHandler.java:303)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
... 24 more

Concerning the size of the code (you addressed this in the other message): Unfortunately, if I remove parts, I do not manage to start anything running. Hence, this is already the "minimum example" - my apologize Wink.

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards, Alexander
Previous Topic:EGL M2T Transformation and Xtext
Next Topic:[EVL] Access to parent node
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 31 01:41:11 EDT 2014