Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » XSLT for converting into LaTeX/PDF
XSLT for converting into LaTeX/PDF [message #1267438] Sun, 09 March 2014 01:45 Go to next message
Frank Oltmanns is currently offline Frank OltmannsFriend
Hi all,

I've created a very basic tool for converting requirement documents from the ReqIF format into LaTeX to create PDF documents. It is a xlst file, so a xslt processor is need for doing the transformation.

This XLST has only been tested with one requirement document and one xslt processor (namely xsltproc). I did not read the ReqIF format specification, but was just looking at one ReqIF file that was created with ProR 0.9. So there is no guarantee that it works with any other file. It is unlikely that it works with files that were created using any other tool than ProR.

This is also the first XSLT I ever created. I hacked it together in one afternoon while learning about XSLT. So it's probably not efficient and very buggy.

If you want to give it a shot, please take a look at my github repository:
github.com/federvieh/reqif2latex

There you can also find a README describing how to use the tool. There are a lot of quirks, but what is bugging me the most, is that the original .reqif needs to be modified in order to be accepted by the xslt processor. If anyone has any idea what could be the cause for this, I would appreciate your input.

Best regards,
Frank
Re: XSLT for converting into LaTeX/PDF [message #1268278 is a reply to message #1267438] Mon, 10 March 2014 09:39 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Frank,

Thanks for sharing this - I'll check it out this or next week!

- Michael
Previous Topic:Color Requirements
Next Topic:Linking between two reqif files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:17:27 GMT 2024