Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Re: Another bug - could not load the Tomcat server configuration
Re: Another bug - could not load the Tomcat server configuration [message #209795] Thu, 06 March 2008 14:47 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: eclipse-news.rizzoweb.com

This question is not appropriate for the eclipse.foundation newsgroup;
I've redirected it to eclipse.webtools

Vijay wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> There is another bug related to tomcat server in eclipse.
> I get the following error:
>
> Publishing failed
> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat v5.5
> Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.
> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat v5.5
> Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.
>
> I am in Windows XP system logged in as admin user.
> After going through all the bug reports i figured out the issue with all
> the 3 xml files(server.xml,tomcat-users.xml, web.xml) which are copied
> to the server directory. String "<!DOCTYPE Server SYSTEM "null">" is
> appended in all the xml files (End of file)...
> [workspace]Servers\Tomcat v5.5 Server @ localhost-config
> server.xml
> ========== <Context docBase="spring" path="/spring"
> reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:spring"/></Host>
>
> </Engine>
>
> </Service>
>
> </Server><!DOCTYPE Server SYSTEM "null">
>
> tomcat-users.xml
> ================
> <user password="tomcat" roles="role1" username="role1"/>
> </tomcat-users><!DOCTYPE tomcat-users SYSTEM "null">
>
> web.xml
> =======
> </web-app><!DOCTYPE web-app SYSTEM "null">
>
>
> I tried removing these string and starting the server. Then the error
> was little different :
>
> Publishing failed
> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat v5.5
> Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.
> Resource is out of sync with the file system: /Servers/Tomcat v5.5
> Server @ localhost-config/server.xml.
> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat v5.5
> Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.
> Resource is out of sync with the file system: /Servers/Tomcat v5.5
> Server @ localhost-config/server.xml.
>
> What might be the problem pls help me to solve this issue...
>
> Set up
> ======
> OS Windows XP
> Eclipse version : Eclipse SDK Version: 3.2.2 Build id: M20070212-1330
> Tomcat version : 5.5
>
>
> Thank you,
> Vijay
>
Re: Another bug - could not load the Tomcat server configuration [message #209864 is a reply to message #209795] Thu, 06 March 2008 16:08 Go to previous message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry Isaacs
Messages: 1305
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Eric Rizzo wrote:
> This question is not appropriate for the eclipse.foundation newsgroup;
> I've redirected it to eclipse.webtools
>
> Vijay wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> There is another bug related to tomcat server in eclipse.
>> I get the following error:
>>
>> Publishing failed
>> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat
>> v5.5 Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or
>> incomplete.
>> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat
>> v5.5 Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or
>> incomplete.
>>
>> I am in Windows XP system logged in as admin user.
>> After going through all the bug reports i figured out the issue with all
>> the 3 xml files(server.xml,tomcat-users.xml, web.xml) which are copied
>> to the server directory. String "<!DOCTYPE Server SYSTEM "null">" is
>> appended in all the xml files (End of file)...
>> [workspace]Servers\Tomcat v5.5 Server @ localhost-config
>> server.xml
>> ========== <Context docBase="spring" path="/spring"
>> reloadable="true" source="org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.server:spring"/></Host>
>>
>> </Engine>
>>
>> </Service>
>>
>> </Server><!DOCTYPE Server SYSTEM "null">
>>
>> tomcat-users.xml
>> ================
>> <user password="tomcat" roles="role1" username="role1"/>
>> </tomcat-users><!DOCTYPE tomcat-users SYSTEM "null">
>>
>> web.xml
>> =======
>> </web-app><!DOCTYPE web-app SYSTEM "null">
>>
>>
>> I tried removing these string and starting the server. Then the error
>> was little different :
>>
>> Publishing failed
>> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat
>> v5.5 Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or
>> incomplete.
>> Resource is out of sync with the file system: /Servers/Tomcat v5.5
>> Server @ localhost-config/server.xml.
>> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat
>> v5.5 Server @ localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or
>> incomplete.
>> Resource is out of sync with the file system: /Servers/Tomcat v5.5
>> Server @ localhost-config/server.xml.
>>
>> What might be the problem pls help me to solve this issue...
>>
>> Set up
>> ======
>> OS Windows XP
>> Eclipse version : Eclipse SDK Version: 3.2.2 Build id: M20070212-1330
>> Tomcat version : 5.5
>>
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Vijay
>>

It looks like you modified the files outside of Eclipse. You will need
to right-click on the Servers project in your workspace and select
Refresh to make those changes visible to the workspace. That should fix
the "Resource is out of sync" errors.

Cheers,
Larry
Previous Topic:Re: EMF WSDL Xmlschema
Next Topic:JULI Logging on Apache Tomcat 5.5 from WTP
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 23 04:24:34 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01688 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software