|Senior Software Engineer in Austin, Texas [message #20257]
||Wed, 20 February 2008 23:29
| Al Rincon
Registered: July 2009
We are looking to fill a full time Senior Software Engineer position in |
Austin, Texas. Below is the description of the position. Please send me
your resume if you are interested.
al.rincon [AT] Freescale [DOT] com
Senior Software Engineer
The Developer Technology organization at Freescale Semiconductor produces
world class development tools that enable embedded software developers to
produce commercial applications for a variety of Freescale silicon
Products from Developer Technology are used by companies such as Cisco,
Nokia, Motorola and RIM to develop major embedded applications in the
Network Communications, Wireless and Transportation markets.
With the evolution of the semiconductor market, Systems on Chip (SoC)
that contain many different processor cores are much more pervasive.
Debug tools need to be adjusted/redesigned to adapt to this paradigm
shift, to enable customers to target such complex hardware.
In the position offered, you will be expected to act as an expert in
producing development tools targeting multi-core systems.
This will entail
- designing new features and writing prodigious amounts of new code,
- comprehending existing code and maintain it/re-engineering it where
- consulting with other engineers and mentoring more junior members of the
- providing senior leadership
The group itself is composed of highly dedicated software professionals of
the highest caliber. The team is demanding of itself, and each member is
demanding of his/her peers. It follows a make-no-compromises mantra with
the objective of producing the absolute best technology possible.
In this position, you will be expected to share our passion for producing
software of the highest quality.
- Bachelors/Master's degree in CS/EE
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience in application level programming.
- An expert C++ and JAVA programmer with proven ability to deliver robust,
cross-platform, multi-threaded, commercial quality applications.
- Strong experience with COM/CORBA (or a comparable object
- A design patterns guru, able to design and construct clean, modular and
- Understanding of Systems architecture
- Experience with Eclipse CDT/DSF frameworks is a definite plus.
- Experience in embedded software/hardware is a definite plus
- Past experience developing debuggers is a definite plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to
interface with customers and third-parties.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.07693 seconds