Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » How to install and use NatTable?(Basic installation and setup of NatTable)
How to install and use NatTable? [message #1265536] Thu, 06 March 2014 08:16 Go to next message
Amulet Heart is currently offline Amulet HeartFriend
I have developed some web applications before and everything is well documented and there is a framework for anything. I am new to Swing and desktop application development and I found that documentation is sparse and you have to figure out a lot of things by experimenting.

I've been googling for a few hours on how to setup NatTable and I couldn't find anything. I was surprised no one asked the question before. I just want some instructions on how to get the basics working on Eclipse and NetBeans. I was using Eclipse in the past but I think I will use NetBeans for this project as the Swing GUI editor is better.

Is NatTable exclusive to Eclipse or will it also work with NetBeans? If someone can post screenshots of the setup procedure, that would be awesome.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to install and use NatTable? [message #1265778 is a reply to message #1265536] Thu, 06 March 2014 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
NatTable is a SWT control and in the current architecture not available for Swing applications. If you manage to use SWT controls in a swing application it might work, not sure if that makes sense.

Typically you install NatTable via update site http://www.eclipse.org/nattable/documentation.php?page=getting_started

Alternatively you can download the jars directly.
Re: How to install and use NatTable? [message #1265882 is a reply to message #1265778] Thu, 06 March 2014 17:41 Go to previous message
Amulet Heart is currently offline Amulet HeartFriend
Thanks for the fast response. I read up a bit more on SWT and have figured out how to run the example.

I guess I will have to find another plugin for my spreadsheet. If not I will just use JTable.
Previous Topic:Edit cell on second click
Next Topic:Force editing programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:28:03 GMT 2024