URL Encoding [message #1265222] Wed, 05 March 2014 20:53 Go to next message
Gregory Testa is currently offline Gregory TestaFriend
Can EDT support URL encoding?
I believe it should be something like:

urlName = serviceLib.convertToURLEncoded(urlString);

but I can't get the syntax right.

Thanks,
Gregory
Re: URL Encoding [message #1265252 is a reply to message #1265222] Wed, 05 March 2014 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Moulton is currently offline Richard MoultonFriend
Hi Gregory,

I ended up writing my own function to handle this, although I think I borrowed the code from over on the egl cafe.

The attached project was built using EDT 0.8.2 and includes all sorts of goodies but the function you're interested in is eglEncodeURI.

The project includes a BrowserSample RUI handler that showcases a lot of the features of the library. There's all sorts in the project including code to handle HTML5 local storage, getting and setting cookie values, setting the favicon, getting the browser sizes, capturing the onresize event, etc.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Richard
Re: URL Encoding [message #1265883 is a reply to message #1265252] Thu, 06 March 2014 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gregory,

I thought I'd have a deeper look at this because I got to wondering why there wasn't a standard function available to do this within EDT, and it looks like there is though I've not tested it.

urlName = HTTPLib.convertToURLEncoded(urlString);

However, I can't quite remember why I went down the route of creating my own function so you may find there are issues with the standard one.

Richard
Re: URL Encoding [message #1265932 is a reply to message #1265883] Thu, 06 March 2014 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gregory Testa is currently offline Gregory TestaFriend
Hi Richard --
Thanks! I used the standard HTTPLib function and it worked for me. I used it to convert only those fields that I knew would cause me problems (ones that had a space in them) and then concatenated the rest of my http url string.
I just downloaded your project and will check out some of your other functions.
Thanks again. It is much appreciated.
Gregory
Re: URL Encoding [message #1266430 is a reply to message #1265932] Fri, 07 March 2014 12:53 Go to previous message
Hi Gregory,
I'm glad you got it working and I'd have done the same, and used the standard HTTPLib function. I just wish I could remember why I created my own function! It may be as simple a reason as I was also having trouble finding a standard function.
Richard
Previous Topic:EDT DOJO/local Errors when using in IFRAME
Next Topic:Has anyone tried building EDT from GitHub?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:28:39 GMT 2024