Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » SIGSEGV in org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.ExpressionQueryMechanism.checkCacheForObject
icon5.gif  SIGSEGV in org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.ExpressionQueryMechanism.checkCacheForObject [message #1263122] Tue, 04 March 2014 07:54 Go to next message
Christoph John is currently offline Christoph JohnFriend
Hi guys,

we are using Glassfish 3.1.2.2 which includes EclipseLink 2.3.2 and have a problem which appeared at least three times during the last two months on different machines. The Glassfish crashes and leaves a hs_err_pid* file which always indicates a "problematic frame" of "org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.ExpressionQueryMechanism.checkCacheForObject(Lorg/eclipse/persistence/internal/sessions/AbstractRecord;Lorg/eclipse/persistence/internal/sessions/AbstractSession;)Ljava/lang/Object;"

I did not find a bug report but maybe someone of you knows what could cause this? Two hs_err_pid files are attached.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Chris.
Re: SIGSEGV in org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.ExpressionQueryMechanism.checkCacheForObject [message #1263486 is a reply to message #1263122] Tue, 04 March 2014 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
I have no idea why this method would cause the JVM to crash - the error is strange and would point to a JVM problem, and searching the web for the error seems to point to environment issues mixed with memory problems. Try increasing the JVM memory available, and using the latest JDK. If those don't help, I'd suggest filing a bug with Oracle support to investigate.
Re: SIGSEGV in org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.ExpressionQueryMechanism.checkCacheForObject [message #1263507 is a reply to message #1263486] Tue, 04 March 2014 14:49 Go to previous message
Christoph John is currently offline Christoph JohnFriend
Thanks for your reply.
What do you mean by "memory problems"? Insufficient free memory or faulty memory? The log shows that there is still heap, perm and physical memory available. And it already happened on two separate machines.
However, yes, the JDK is old and so is the Solaris patch cluster. But I would feel better if I found a JDK/Solaris bug report. Wink
Oracle support suggested an upgrade of EclipseLink by the way.

When you say "searching the web for the error": what did you search for? General SIGSEGV?
Cheers,
Chris.
Previous Topic:JPQL count query slow
Next Topic:SELECT blabla AS x... => AS (alias) not working in EclipseLink 2.5 (glassfish4)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:57:01 GMT 2024