Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Commercial RCP application?
Commercial RCP application? [message #20166] Tue, 31 May 2005 10:31 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: do_not_reply.this.email

Hi

I happened to view the demo of Scottrade's new trading platform at
http://www.scottradeelite.com
You don't have to register, click on the take a tour link for a flash demo.

What caught my attention was, it looked like an RCP based application.
I'm not sure if it is really an RCP application. Can any RCP expert confirm
this?

I'm investigating on RCP and how it is used in commercial applications. RCP
looks really interesting and I was wondering if anybody has reference to
large commercial projects that is using RCP. I already looked at the
projects listed in the community page.

Thanks.

P.S: I do not work for Scottrade and I'm not promoting their product.
Re: Commercial RCP application? [message #20169 is a reply to message #20166] Tue, 31 May 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philippe Ombredanne is currently offline Philippe Ombredanne
Messages: 386
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Karthik Visvanathan" wrote in message
> I'm not sure if it is really an RCP application. Can any RCP expert
confirm
> this?

This does not look like an RCP app.
> I'm investigating on RCP and how it is used in commercial applications.
RCP
> looks really interesting and I was wondering if anybody has reference to
> large commercial projects that is using RCP. I already looked at the
> projects listed in the community page.
Check out again http://eclipse.org/community/rcp.html for a decent albeit
most likely not complete list.
Workplace for one is a large mass-market commercial app.
I would not be surprised that other folks at SAS, WebMethods, and many other
do use RCP too.

Go for it!
Re: Commercial RCP application? [message #20172 is a reply to message #20166] Tue, 31 May 2005 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: pascal.ibm.canada

I concur with Philippe that it does not look like RCP, however they
could have written a specific presentation.
Anyway, if they did not used RCP its unfortunate, since similar things
could be achieved :)

Karthik Visvanathan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I happened to view the demo of Scottrade's new trading platform at
> http://www.scottradeelite.com
> You don't have to register, click on the take a tour link for a flash demo.
>
> What caught my attention was, it looked like an RCP based application.
> I'm not sure if it is really an RCP application. Can any RCP expert confirm
> this?
>
> I'm investigating on RCP and how it is used in commercial applications. RCP
> looks really interesting and I was wondering if anybody has reference to
> large commercial projects that is using RCP. I already looked at the
> projects listed in the community page.
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S: I do not work for Scottrade and I'm not promoting their product.
>
>
Re: Commercial RCP application? [message #20688 is a reply to message #20166] Fri, 24 June 2005 21:16 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: jamesdcarroll.hotmaill.com

No, its just your run of the mill MDI app. Nice, but not Eclpise or Java.

Chriminy, now how do I get this thing out of my registry????





"Karthik Visvanathan" <do_not_reply@this.email> wrote in message
news:d7hsov$b6b$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Hi
>
> I happened to view the demo of Scottrade's new trading platform at
> http://www.scottradeelite.com
> You don't have to register, click on the take a tour link for a flash
demo.
>
> What caught my attention was, it looked like an RCP based application.
> I'm not sure if it is really an RCP application. Can any RCP expert
confirm
> this?
>
> I'm investigating on RCP and how it is used in commercial applications.
RCP
> looks really interesting and I was wondering if anybody has reference to
> large commercial projects that is using RCP. I already looked at the
> projects listed in the community page.
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S: I do not work for Scottrade and I'm not promoting their product.
>
>
Previous Topic:License Issues
Next Topic:Re: Language packs for 3.1
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 30 15:15:35 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01595 seconds