Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » starting ECP demo without EMFStore(I would like to start the ECP demo without starting EMFStore)
starting ECP demo without EMFStore [message #1256449] Tue, 25 February 2014 12:46 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: December 2013
Member
I would like to start the ECP demo without starting EMFStore server, but still be able to connect to an EMF store server that I start seperately.

I tried removing the localserver bundle from my launch script, but an EMFStore service still starts up running on port 8080.
When I remove all emfstore related bundles from my launch script then EMFStore server does not start, but I do not see the + icon in the ECP demo which allows me to connect to a running EMFStore (it is greyed out).
I have also tried keeping just the ecp.emfstore.ui bundles, but they require the emfstore client bundles which require the emfstore server bundles, and including those seems to start up a server.

I am using the RAP demo (but this issue should also affect the RCP version) , and want to start a production and test demo on the same server, as these both try to start emfstore servers this is giving me a few problems on startup and shutdown so I would like to start EMFStore seperately.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 February 2014 12:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: starting ECP demo without EMFStore [message #1257345 is a reply to message #1256449] Wed, 26 February 2014 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edgar Mueller is currently offline Edgar MuellerFriend
Messages: 65
Registered: March 2011
Member
Hi Neil,

excluding the localserver bundle is the right way to avoid starting up
an EMFStore instance automatically. I just tested this myself and it did
work for me (using the current release branch of ECP 1.2). I had all
required emfstore bundles as well as the ECP EMFStore bundles
ecp.emfstore.{core, ui, ui.e3} in my launch config.
Can you provide us with some more info regarding your configuration?
Which version of the RAP demo are you using?

Regards,
Edgar


> I would like to start the ECP demo without starting EMFStore server, but
> still be able to connect to an EMF store server that I start seperately.
> I tried removing the localserver bundle from my launch script, but an
> EMFStore service still starts up running on port 8080.
> When I remove all emfstore related bundles from my launch script then
> EMFStore server does not start, but I do not see the + icon which allows
> me to connect to a running EMFStore. I have also tried keeping just the
> ecp.emfstore.ui bundles, but they require the emfstore client bundles
> which require the emfstore server bundles, and including those seems to
> start up a server.
>
> I am using the RAP demo (but this issue should also affect the RCP
> version) , and want to start a production and test demo on the same
> server, as these both try to start emfstore servers this is giving me a
> few problems on startup and shutdown so I would like to start EMFStore
> seperately.


--
Edgar Mueller

Get Professional Eclipse Support: http://eclipsesource.com/munich
Re: starting ECP demo without EMFStore [message #1257833 is a reply to message #1257345] Wed, 26 February 2014 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: December 2013
Member
Thanks for your reply Edgar.
I am using the latest release_1.2.0 branch from github.

So I tried removing localserver from my bundles in my launch config, and launching from eclipse. It works like you thought and emfstore did not start.
Then I used war Products to create a war file, making sure localserver was NOT included, deployed the war file to tomcat, started tomcat and emfstore did start.

When I do ss on the tomcat console I see that the bundle localserver does get started, .
I will double check that this is not a problem with my environment.If it is not my environment I suspect the problem is with the WAR product tool.

I Will let you know what I find out.
Neil
Re: starting ECP demo without EMFStore [message #1257846 is a reply to message #1257833] Wed, 26 February 2014 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Messages: 41
Registered: December 2013
Member
I found the problem.
When I deploy my war file to tomcat it puts the bundles into the work directory.
In my case my war file is called crrbrowser so the bundles are put in
"C:\Tomcat 7.0_Tomcat7_TST\work\Catalina\localhost\crrbrowser\eclipse\plugins"

the work directory acts like a cache, so when I redeploy my war file any old plugins that were used in the past will remain even if they are not required in the latest deployment (and even if the tomcat server is restarted).

So when I delete the work\catalina directory and then redeploy my war without localserver then things work ok, and emfstore is not started.

Regards,
Neil.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 February 2014 21:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: starting ECP demo without EMFStore [message #1257913 is a reply to message #1257846] Wed, 26 February 2014 23:05 Go to previous message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 504
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Great!

Am 26.02.2014 22:21, schrieb Neil Mackenzie:
> I found the problem.
> When I deploy my war file to tomcat it puts the bundles into the work
> directory.
> In my case my war file is called crrbrowser so the bundles are put in
> "C:\Tomcat
> 7.0_Tomcat7_TST\work\Catalina\localhost\crrbrowser\eclipse\plugins"
>
> the work directory acts like a cache, so when I redeploy my war file any
> old plugins that were used in the past will remain even if they are not
> required in the latest deployment.
>
> So when I delete the work\catalina directory and then redeploy my war
> without localserver then things work ok, and emfstore is not started.
>
> Regards,
> Neil.
>
Previous Topic:[EEF] display and edit referenced object in the same editor
Next Topic:[Texo] parent/child relations are not persisted
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 21 00:36:37 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01697 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software