Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Epsilon/EuGENia] Dynamic GEF Palette(Populate GEF palette during runtime using Epsilon/Eugenia ?)
[Epsilon/EuGENia] Dynamic GEF Palette [message #1255360] Mon, 24 February 2014 11:00 Go to next message
Shrikanth NC is currently offline Shrikanth NCFriend
Using emfatic file we are able to generate diagram editors.

But like most canvas tools, we would like to import palette elements from other sources ( say db, file loc etc ) and start using them at runtime.

But right now I have to modify the emfatic file and regenerate the diagram editor again as whole.

Is there any way provided in epsion/eugenia to load palette entries at runtime.

Or in any other eclipse gef/gmf frameworks ?

Thanks in advance,
Shrikanth NC
Re: [Epsilon/EuGENia] Dynamic GEF Palette [message #1255476 is a reply to message #1255360] Mon, 24 February 2014 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Shrikanth,

This seems to be a GMF question so I'd suggest posting a message to the GMF newsgroup instead. When you've figured out how to do this manually, you can write a polishing transformation [1] to automate the process. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-polishing/
Re: [Epsilon/EuGENia] Dynamic GEF Palette [message #1256129 is a reply to message #1255476] Tue, 25 February 2014 05:43 Go to previous message
Shrikanth NC is currently offline Shrikanth NCFriend
Thank You for the quick response.

My intent was to achieve this using epsilon/eugenia only. In gmf I am positive it should be possible.

As suggested by you will figure out manually and will go through polishing/customizing.

Thanks,
Shrikanth NC
Previous Topic:[Epsilon/EuGENia] Dynamic GEF Palette
Next Topic:How to use Epsilon Modelling language to create a simple game?(such as Go)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:33:37 GMT 2024