Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » DirContext(Issue with adding a large number of entries to multiple ldap groups)
DirContext [message #1252812] Fri, 21 February 2014 16:27 Go to next message
Timothy Vest is currently offline Timothy VestFriend
I am trying to add a large number of entries (over 4000) to multiple LDAP groups.

I try to limit the number of entries in a group to 1000 so when a group contains 1000 entries I create a new group and start adding entries to that group until all entries are processed.

I can process the first 1000 correctly and then create the second group, after processing about 300 entries I receive the following abend:

javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - Operations Error]; Remaining name: 'cn=Shenandoah Agents SubGroup001,cn=groups,dc=shenlife,dc=com'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3081)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2987)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2794)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1455)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:255)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:172)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.modifyAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:161)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:189)
at com.shenlife.ldap.processes.AgentProcesses.AddMembersToSubGroup(AgentProcesses.java:155)
at com.shenlife.ldap.agents.main.CopyGroupMembers.main(CopyGroupMembers.java:34)

I tried starting on the entry that was being processed at the time of the abend to see if there was an issue with this entry. The entry processed and then the process continued until it reached about the same number of entries and then abended again.

Is there a limit to the number of entries you can process on one DirContext?

Hopefully this is not to confusing, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DirContext [message #1252828 is a reply to message #1252812] Fri, 21 February 2014 16:46 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
What does this have to do with Eclipse? These forums are for discussion topics directly related to Eclipse projects and using Eclipse. If this is a general programming question, you should seek help on a general programming fourm such as Stack Overflow.
Previous Topic:cannot post new topic
Next Topic:RCP generation compiler issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:10:18 GMT 2024