Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » Invalid transformation Problem
Invalid transformation Problem [message #1251680] Thu, 20 February 2014 13:31 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I am trying simple HelloWorld QVTO example given at http://www.levysiqueira.com.br/2011/01/eclipse-qvto-hello-world/

When i run transformation. i get the following exception. Any idea why it is so?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation HelloWorldTransformation
at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.launch.InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:58)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:884)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$7.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1129)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation HelloWorldTransformation
at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.launch.InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:58)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:884)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122
)

same is the case when i run the default qvt example project Simpleuml To Rdb

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation Simpleuml_To_Rdb
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation Simpleuml_To_Rdb

i am uing Eclipse Version: Luna M5 Release
Build id: 20140130-1145

Cheers,

[Updated on: Thu, 20 February 2014 13:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1251813 is a reply to message #1251680] Thu, 20 February 2014 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Use the SimpleUMLtoRdbms example if you don't know what you'rwe doing.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 20/02/2014 13:31, ModelGeek Mising name wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying simple HelloWorld QVTO example given at
> http://www.levysiqueira.com.br/2011/01/eclipse-qvto-hello-world/
>
> When i run transformation. i get the following exception. Any idea why
> it is so?
>
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation
> HelloWorldTransformation
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.launch.InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:58)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:884)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$7.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1129)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
> Root exception:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation
> HelloWorldTransformation
> at
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.launch.InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(InMemoryQvtLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:58)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:884)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
> at
> org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
> at
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122
> )
>
> Cheers,
Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1252820 is a reply to message #1251813] Fri, 21 February 2014 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried the simpleUMLTORDB example but i get the same exception.

The other problem i have noticed that when i run the transformation and in the run transformation dialog... it keep showing the warning at top "Destination 'platform:/resource/SimpleUML to RDB/Simpleuml_To_Rdb123.rdb' already exists". Although there is no such file exists..

I also wanted to attach the screen shot for the error message but some how the option to attach files is not available on the web interface for forum......

My eclipse is :

eclipse.buildId=4.4.0.I20131030-2000
java.version=1.7.0_03

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation Simpleuml_To_Rdb
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation Simpleuml_To_Rdb

[Updated on: Fri, 21 February 2014 16:41]

Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1254672 is a reply to message #1252820] Sun, 23 February 2014 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

The 'already exists' is an irritating but benign warning that crept in
to the Kepler release; now fixed.

Beyond that you'll need to provide much more detailed information and
files since it works fine for developers and many users.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 21/02/2014 16:39, ModelGeek Mising name wrote:
> I have tried the simpleUMLTORDB example but i get the same exception.
>
> The other problem i have noticed that when i run the transformation
> and in the run transformation dialog... it keep showing the warning at
> top "Destination 'platform:/resource/SimpleUML to
> RDB/Simpleuml_To_Rdb123.rdb' already exists". Although there is no
> such file exists..
>
>
> I also wanted to attach the screen shot for the error message but some
> how the option to attach files is not available on the web interface
> for forum......
>
> Simpleuml_To_Rdb
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
> Root exception:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid transformation
> Simpleuml_To_Rdb
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1255404 is a reply to message #1254672] Mon, 24 February 2014 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am trying to attach screen shots and project but attachment panel does not seems to be working as there is no field available in attachment panel... is there any problem with forum's web interface?

Cheers,
Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1262114 is a reply to message #1254672] Mon, 03 March 2014 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to describe in detail.

I am using example project "SimpleUML to RDB". It contains "Simpleuml_To_Rdb.qvto". I select this qvto file in Package Explorer and I go to run menu and select "Transformation" menu option. It brings dialog where i again select "Simpleuml_To_Rdb.qvto" and press "next". It finally brings tranformation dialog.

I have following setting on the dialog :

IN uml: UML(http://www.eclispe.org/qvt/1.0.0/Operational/examples/simpleuml)
Model URI : platform:/resource/SimpleUML to RDB/pim.simpleuml

OUT $1 : RDB(http://www.eclispe.org/qvt/1.0.0/Operational/examples/rdb)
Model URI : platform:/resource/SimpleUML to RDB/Simpleuml_To_Rdb.rdb

so when i press "finish" i get the following exception :

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:422)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:513)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:275)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager$3.run(ProgressManager.java:961)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.busyCursorWhile(ProgressManager.java:996)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.busyCursorWhile(ProgressManager.java:971)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.launchInForeground(DebugUIPlugin.java:1137)
at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.launch(DebugUITools.java:768)
at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.ui.wizards.RunInterpretedTransformationWizard.performFinishBody(RunInterpretedTransformationWizard.java:136)
at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.common.ui.wizards.PersistedValuesWizard.performFinish(PersistedValuesWizard.java:65)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:851)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:437)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:633)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:827)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:803)
at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.ui.actions.RunInterpretedTransformationAction.invokeWizard(RunInterpretedTransformationAction.java:57)
at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.ui.actions.RunInterpretedTransformationAction.runImpl(RunInterpretedTransformationAction.java:42)
at org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.common.ui.action.WindowActionDelegate.run(WindowActionDelegate.java:50)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:588)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:505)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:415)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1122)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1006)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:146)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:615)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:566)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:125)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:109)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:80)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:372)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:226)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

Am i doing anything wrong here?

I have been trying to attach project and screen shots but attachment seems to be disabled....

cheers,

[Updated on: Mon, 03 March 2014 09:28]

Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1262142 is a reply to message #1262114] Mon, 03 March 2014 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just realized that if i run "SimpleUML to RDB.launch" by right clicking and selecting the option "Run As"-> "Simple UML to RDB" then it works and it creates "Simpleuml_To_Rdb.rdb" in the project.

what is the difference between running the launch file and running the transformation using Run->Transformation menu option through transformation dialog?

Cheers,
Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1262174 is a reply to message #1262114] Mon, 03 March 2014 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

What versions are you using?

I see no "Transformation" menu option on a *.qvto file. Might it be an
ATL or Xtend or ... option?

I see only Run As->Run Configurations... QVTo Interpreter

Use Alt+Shift+F2 to see who is contributing it.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 03/03/2014 09:23, ModelGeek Mising name wrote:
> I am going to describe in detail.
>
> I am using example project "SimpleUML to RDB". It contains
> "Simpleuml_To_Rdb.qvto". I select this qvto file in Package Explorer
> and I go to run menu and select "Transformation" menu option. It
> brings dialog where i again select "Simpleuml_To_Rdb.qvto" and press
> "next". It finally brings tranformation dialog.
>
> I have following setting on the dialog :
>
> IN uml:
> UML(http://www.eclispe.org/qvt/1.0.0/Operational/examples/simpleuml)
> Model URI : platform:/resource/SimpleUML to RDB/pim.simpleuml
>
> OUT $1 : RDB(http://www.eclispe.org/qvt/1.0.0/Operational/examples/rdb)
> Model URI : platform:/resource/SimpleUML to RDB/Simpleuml_To_Rdb.rdb
>
> so when i press "finish" i get the following exception :
>
> Simpleuml_To_Rdb
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
> at
>
> Am i doing anything wrong here?
>
> I have been trying to attach project and screen shots but attachment
> seems to be disabled....
>
> cheers,
Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1262226 is a reply to message #1262174] Mon, 03 March 2014 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried the Alt + Shift + F2 and it says
The active contribution item identifier:
org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.ui.wizards.RunInterpretedTransformationActionId
The active action set identifier:
org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.runtime.actions

Eclipse Standard/SDK

Version: Luna M5 Release
Build id: 20140130-1145

For me i have main menu option Run->Transformation. To activate this, i have to select qvto file in package expolrer. It brings a dialog where it asks to select the qvto file again and then comes main transformation dialog where i have to give IN and OUT parameters.

Cheers,

[Updated on: Mon, 03 March 2014 11:51]

Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1262252 is a reply to message #1262226] Mon, 03 March 2014 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Thanks (you didn't make it clear that you were using Toolbar Run)

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=429449 raised.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 03/03/2014 11:49, ModelGeek Mising name wrote:
> I have tried the Alt + Shift + F2 and it says
> The active contribution item identifier:
> org.eclipse.m2m.internal.qvt.oml.runtime.ui.wizards.RunInterpretedTransformationActionId
>
> The active action set identifier:
> org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.runtime.actions
>
> Eclipse Standard/SDK
>
> Version: Luna M5 Release
> Build id: 20140130-1145
>
> Cheers,
Re: Invalid transformation Problem [message #1262401 is a reply to message #1262252] Mon, 03 March 2014 15:49 Go to previous message
thank you so much! I really appreciate your help
Previous Topic:Transformations chaining for inout model
Next Topic:Research survey to improve quality of QVTo code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:22:20 GMT 2024