Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Carriage return characters
Carriage return characters [message #19811] Wed, 24 September 2008 13:06 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

Hi everyone,

I have a problem occuring in my Babel instance. My users tend to add
blanks both at the start of the translation and at the end.

They probably forget that they entered a new line, or they feel that
they need to type enter to submit the translation.

Anyhow, I have a lot of \n and spaces at the end of my strings. I
understand that some of them are necessary, and some are not.

So my question is:

-any idea how to educate people on this ?

Thanks,

Antoine
Re: Carriage return characters [message #19855 is a reply to message #19811] Thu, 25 September 2008 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

Actually this might be a problem regarding the way we imported some
previous work into our Babel instance.

I'm still interested into knowing how blanks are treated by the Babel
server. Are the startign blanks stripped ? Are the ending blanks stripped ?

Antoine

Antoine Toulme wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a problem occuring in my Babel instance. My users tend to add
> blanks both at the start of the translation and at the end.
>
> They probably forget that they entered a new line, or they feel that
> they need to type enter to submit the translation.
>
> Anyhow, I have a lot of \n and spaces at the end of my strings. I
> understand that some of them are necessary, and some are not.
>
> So my question is:
>
> -any idea how to educate people on this ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antoine
Re: Carriage return characters [message #19903 is a reply to message #19855] Thu, 25 September 2008 06:01 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: 4cs6fcg02.sneakemail.com

Antoine Toulme schreef:
> Actually this might be a problem regarding the way we imported some
> previous work into our Babel instance.
>
> I'm still interested into knowing how blanks are treated by the Babel
> server. Are the startign blanks stripped ? Are the ending blanks stripped ?

I would suggest instead to pop up a dialogue asking the user whether he
is sure the blanks should be there (if they are not there in the
original, of course).

> Antoine Toulme wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have a problem occuring in my Babel instance. My users tend to add
>> blanks both at the start of the translation and at the end.
>>
>> They probably forget that they entered a new line, or they feel that
>> they need to type enter to submit the translation.
>>
>> Anyhow, I have a lot of \n and spaces at the end of my strings. I
>> understand that some of them are necessary, and some are not.
>>
>> So my question is:
>>
>> -any idea how to educate people on this ?

H.
--
Hendrik Maryns
http://tcl.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/~hendrik/
==================
Ask smart questions, get good answers:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Re: Carriage return characters [message #573870 is a reply to message #19811] Thu, 25 September 2008 03:44 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: atoulme.intalio.com

Actually this might be a problem regarding the way we imported some
previous work into our Babel instance.

I'm still interested into knowing how blanks are treated by the Babel
server. Are the startign blanks stripped ? Are the ending blanks stripped ?

Antoine

Antoine Toulme wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a problem occuring in my Babel instance. My users tend to add
> blanks both at the start of the translation and at the end.
>
> They probably forget that they entered a new line, or they feel that
> they need to type enter to submit the translation.
>
> Anyhow, I have a lot of \n and spaces at the end of my strings. I
> understand that some of them are necessary, and some are not.
>
> So my question is:
>
> -any idea how to educate people on this ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antoine
Re: Carriage return characters [message #573900 is a reply to message #19855] Thu, 25 September 2008 06:01 Go to previous message
Hendrik Maryns is currently offline Hendrik Maryns
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
Antoine Toulme schreef:
> Actually this might be a problem regarding the way we imported some
> previous work into our Babel instance.
>
> I'm still interested into knowing how blanks are treated by the Babel
> server. Are the startign blanks stripped ? Are the ending blanks stripped ?

I would suggest instead to pop up a dialogue asking the user whether he
is sure the blanks should be there (if they are not there in the
original, of course).

> Antoine Toulme wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have a problem occuring in my Babel instance. My users tend to add
>> blanks both at the start of the translation and at the end.
>>
>> They probably forget that they entered a new line, or they feel that
>> they need to type enter to submit the translation.
>>
>> Anyhow, I have a lot of \n and spaces at the end of my strings. I
>> understand that some of them are necessary, and some are not.
>>
>> So my question is:
>>
>> -any idea how to educate people on this ?

H.
--
Hendrik Maryns
http://tcl.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/~hendrik/
==================
Ask smart questions, get good answers:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Previous Topic:Carriage return characters
Next Topic:Babel server documentation
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 17 00:10:19 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02406 seconds