Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Autocomplete in eclipse with MOAI Lua
Autocomplete in eclipse with MOAI Lua [message #1247992] Sun, 16 February 2014 21:25 Go to next message
Connor Schmidt is currently offline Connor SchmidtFriend
So I am working with MOAI 2D game engine and I am using Eclipse with the Koneki plugin to interpret Lua.

Right now, autocomplete works with normal Lua libraries like math. and io. but what I want to do is set up autocomplete for the MOAI libraries. I have created and imported my library into Eclipse but the autocomplete doesn't work and I don't know why. I must be missing a step.

So far, I've gone to Window > Preferences > Lua > Execution Environment and added my library. Then I right clicked on my project and went to properties. Then I went to Lua > Build Path and added my library to the project. At this point I tried to use autocomplete functionality by typing things like MOAISim. but I had no luck.

I've searched around alot with no results. Any help would be great.

I have attached my library file.
  • Attachment: moai-1.4.zip
    (Size: 92.30KB, Downloaded 272 times)
Re: Autocomplete in eclipse with MOAI Lua [message #1248033 is a reply to message #1247992] Sun, 16 February 2014 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the Koneki forum
Re: Autocomplete in eclipse with MOAI Lua [message #1249520 is a reply to message #1248033] Tue, 18 February 2014 10:25 Go to previous message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi Eric,

It seems you have set two Execution Environment(EE) for your project. The problem is that only the global.lua file from the first EE is take in account for auto-completion.

In fact, only one EE is expected by project, I will try to explain:

An EE represent the runtime environment where your Lua gonna run. In your case as your are developing a MOAI application expected to run with the MOAI interpreter, you should had only the MOAI EE associated to your project. Having two Execution Environment on a project means the project can run on both Lua and MOAI interpreters which is wrong. So if the MOAI interpreter provide standard Lua libraries such as "math", you should include them in the MOAI EE instead to having two EE.
I hope it's clear.

I have file a bug on the subject: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=428369

PS: In the rockspec the name shouldn't contain the version, you may set "moai" instead of "moai-1.4".
Previous Topic:ldt debugger.lua in android or IOS platform
Next Topic:LDT with goto support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:37:13 GMT 2024