Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Unable to Invoke Live Model Editor(Live Editor ModelProcessor NullPointerException)
Unable to Invoke Live Model Editor [message #1246237] Fri, 14 February 2014 21:46 Go to next message
Dave Dresser is currently offline Dave DresserFriend
I'm getting a null pointer exception in org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.liveeditor.ModelProcessor. Although my application comes up and runs without issue, I can't invoke the live editor with ALT-SHIFT-F9.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download Eclipse RCP Kepler SR1
2. Create Mail App from New Plug-in project template.
3. Create a new product configuration from existing product in the template.
4. Test the product configuration via Launch an Eclipse application.
5. Add new dependency to the product org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.liveeditor.
6. Check Include optional dependencies ...
7. Click Add Required Plug-ins
8. Launch the application - no errors
9. Hit ALT-SHIFT-F9. The editor does not appear.
10. Close the app and restart. Null pointer exception occurs on startup, the application runs fine, but still cannot invoke the model editor.

I installed the E4 Tools from this update site http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.15-201401152200/repository.
The only other update sites are the default Kepler release and Kepler Project Updates.

Is this a proper update site for my Eclipse install?

Is the sample mail app something that the editor can be tested on?

Stack trace is attached.
Re: Unable to Invoke Live Model Editor [message #1249909 is a reply to message #1246237] Tue, 18 February 2014 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just ran through the same steps substituting Juno RCP SR2 for Kepler RCP SR1 in step 1 and using http://download.eclipse.org/e4/updates/0.12 for the E4 Tools install. Now everything works.
Re: Unable to Invoke Live Model Editor [message #1255552 is a reply to message #1249909] Mon, 24 February 2014 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M. Herrmann is currently offline M. HerrmannFriend
I know that it doesn't help you, but I just ran into the exact same error.
Re: Unable to Invoke Live Model Editor [message #1255580 is a reply to message #1255552] Mon, 24 February 2014 15:47 Go to previous message
I tried a couple of the E4 tools update sites as well as the Kepler update site published on the vogella blog with a couple of different Kepler downloads. All ended up with the same results. So I've moved back to Juno.
Previous Topic:Exception when using application editor for RCP app.
Next Topic:Changing menu programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:11:53 GMT 2024