Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Configuration artifacts management
Configuration artifacts management [message #1246117] Fri, 14 February 2014 18:45 Go to next message
Mathilde Ffrench is currently offline Mathilde FfrenchFriend
Hello,

I would like to extend the current virgo (3.6.0) configurations part of the virgo admin webapp in order to edit values of configuration fields and then manage properly the bundles lifecycle to apply the changes...

I would like to know if there is already some API verbs in the current virgo libs to help me to write into the configuration artifacts ? If not does anyone can give me some advices to achieve this task ?

Thank you

Mathilde
Re: Configuration artifacts management [message #1247958 is a reply to message #1246117] Sun, 16 February 2014 20:36 Go to previous message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

There are indeed already verbs available for this. They aren't documented as we just expose the MBeans from configAdmin over HTTP. You should have a look at the documentation for configAdmins JMX support and the current API calls being made by the admin console.

Also, when you make changes to the UI you should make it clear that changes will not be persisted across restarts. Adding support for changing config should be pretty straight forward and only require changes to the admin console but making those changes persist across restarts would require a lot more work.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Previous Topic:Can the Maven Tomcat7 Plugin Be Used
Next Topic:Implement something like virgo snaps using virgo jetty server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:59:00 GMT 2024