Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Line endings
Line endings [message #204313] Tue, 13 November 2007 11:46 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jan.bares.ips-ag.net

Hi,

Eclipse correctly detects line endings for existing files like *.java and
*.txt. However for existing *.html, *.xml, *.jsp the line endings are not
detected and platform specific line-ending are used. This results in
line-endings mismatch. Why, where can I change this?
In Preference/General/Workspace and Project/Properties/Resource I have
test "default", but this is only for new files.

Eclipse 3.3.1.1
Re: Line endings [message #204326 is a reply to message #204313] Tue, 13 November 2007 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

jan_bar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Eclipse correctly detects line endings for existing files like *.java
> and *.txt. However for existing *.html, *.xml, *.jsp the line endings
> are not detected and platform specific line-ending are used. This
> results in line-endings mismatch. Why, where can I change this?
> In Preference/General/Workspace and Project/Properties/Resource I have
> test "default", but this is only for new files.
>
> Eclipse 3.3.1.1
>

Jan have these files been checked out from source control? If so, you
can control this on the Team preference page, on the Files and
Directories tab.

Also, which OS are you experiencing the problems.
Re: Line endings [message #204334 is a reply to message #204326] Tue, 13 November 2007 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jan.bares.ips-ag.net

Thanks David, see inline

> Jan have these files been checked out from source control? If so, you
> can control this on the Team preference page, on the Files and
> Directories tab.

I use SVN/Subversive, but the problem is not bound to VCS. When I edit
*.txt or *.java files with UNIX line endings, Eclipse detects them and
uses UNIX line endings for new lines. But for *.html, *.xml, *.jsp file
this detection doesn't work and Eclipse uses Windows line endings. The
results is mixed line endings.

> Also, which OS are you experiencing the problems.

Windows XP.

Thanks, Jan
Re: Line endings [message #204461 is a reply to message #204313] Thu, 15 November 2007 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: wuamy.ca.ibm.com

jan_bar wrote:

> Hi,

> Eclipse correctly detects line endings for existing files like *.java and
> *.txt. However for existing *.html, *.xml, *.jsp the line endings are not
> detected and platform specific line-ending are used. This results in
> line-endings mismatch. Why, where can I change this?
> In Preference/General/Workspace and Project/Properties/Resource I have
> test "default", but this is only for new files.

> Eclipse 3.3.1.1

Have you tried Preferences/Web and XML/HTML Files, XML Files, JSP Files?
Re: Line endings [message #204736 is a reply to message #204461] Tue, 20 November 2007 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: jan.bares.ips-ag.net

> Have you tried Preferences/Web and XML/HTML Files, XML Files, JSP Files?

Yes, I have Web and XML/HTML files, line delimiter = no translation, but
maybe this is the problem? Actually I need line delimiter = "use the same
as in existing file". Why I cannot set this settings?
Re: Line endings [message #204894 is a reply to message #204736] Sat, 24 November 2007 01:39 Go to previous message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
Messages: 700
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:15:10 -0500, jan_bar <jan.bares@ips-ag.net> wrote=
:

>> Have you tried Preferences/Web and XML/HTML Files, XML Files, JSP Fil=
es?
>
> Yes, I have Web and XML/HTML files, line delimiter =3D no translation,=
but
> maybe this is the problem? Actually I need line delimiter =3D "use the=
same
> as in existing file". Why I cannot set this settings?
>
>

no translation does mean to use the same as in existing file, and, last =
I check, this worked
just fine.

So, if you are seeing problem, you might open a bug, and detail exactly =
how to reproduce.

And, you might attach your configuration and log from the about box, so =
we can verify if there's
anything that looks odd.
Previous Topic:About WTP2.0 with OC4j
Next Topic:Moving WSAD5 to JBOSS 4.2.1 with eclipse IDE
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 12:43:04 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software